Belly band holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by elfmdl, Jun 16, 2012.

1. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Oes anyone conceal carry with a belly band holster?

2. naf84

naf84 New Member

Ya I got one I made actually. I wear it at the 4/5 position. I also got a nice iwb old faithful holster on order, but the belly band will still be nice when I wanna wear basketball shorts or something w/o a belt.

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Bought it last year. Wore it several times during hot summer beneath t-shirt. Very good indeed.

4. naf84

naf84 New Member

Here's a couple pictures of the one I made. I fitted a cheap basic blackhawk soft holster on some 5in elastic with velcro. Whole thing cost me about $20.

Attached Files:

5. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Does the gun print very bad with one?

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

That has more too xo with the size of the gun and your position of carry. I've carried a Kahr PM 9 plus 1 BUM in a belly band for 5 years now with no issues and no printing.

This Kahr is small enough to carry strongside just like you would in an IWB Holster. The added benefit of a belly band is that your gun does not go to the floor with your pants when conducting a class 2 download in a public RR.:eek:

Tack

7. naf84

naf84 New Member

There's a picture up there of me wearing it. Wear it in the right spot and printings not bad at all

8. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

When I commute on bicycle I always carry with my Kahr P380 with a belly band on my solar plexus. Even with a T-shirt it doesn't print at all, but that's probably because I am carrying the smallest 380acp on the market.

I have had to modify it to fit my magazine and to fit my particular gun with the cant I wanted. What I mean by modify it is take out my wife's sewing machine and go to town with the tactical black thread.