Believe 1911 internet gun forum expert, no more!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by DodgerBlue, Jul 5, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

If according to every gun expert (every member) on every forum out on al gore's internet, my NIB Kimber should have jammed, FTF,FTE,FTW, and just plain sucked at the range.

Why must every forum have mounds of post stating how (use any 1911 firearm maker here, I'll use Kimber since that's what I have) Kimber needs 500 rounds to just test it out. Throw away any magazines that come with it and buy some "name brand" magazines at 30.00 + a pop. Then if those don't work, buy some other "name brand" internals, springs, what not.

I shouldn't even think about carrying it till 10k rounds.

Then when all that is done don't carry it in case it fails on you?

What the hell are we supposed to carry if everything gun sucks and every magazine sucks and every style of carry sucks?

Both my Kimbers ran perfect out of the box. The crimson perfect and the custom II 200 flawless rounds.

I wonder how the hell we won any wars at all with all the crying going on about faulty magazines, crappy guns, and what not.

Moral of the story, get a gun, carry it,don't carry it shoot it or not, whatever. just enjoy it.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Sticks and stone :confused:

:p

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Glad you have a gun that works properly. I think the advice you are referring to is just to help people who have a gun with problems out of the box. Since it doesn't sound like yours did, you can probably just disregard all of the other....and like you said, shoot it and enjoy it.

4. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh my goodness! You mean all those things I read weren't true?!?!? Know what I am gonna do now, wait, am really confused now, should I believe this or should I believe something else? Going to send an email to all my friends and see what they think I should do!! :p

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Where you been dodger, been missin ya on here.

6. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

MrWray! How are you? Good to see ya! Just went away to think up some fresh topics.

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Well its good to see you back :)

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Most people don't buy a gun and then go out and rave about how well it runs. However, the person who just spent $1000+ on one that has issues will tell the world.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kimber bought out by S&W? Can't remember where I read/heard it but maybe it explains the better QC...???

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I expect there are many Taurus owners that feel the same :)

Thought there was somebody missin round here :confused:
    Welcome back ------

11. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Thanks HOSSFLY. And I bet your right about the Taurus owners.

I looked online I see nothing about Kimber and S&W in the same sentence.

12. CharlieWhiskey261

CharlieWhiskey261 New Member

I owned a Taurus PT1911 and loved it.. took it to the range and it shot pretty great with zero problems.. posted about it on here and got nothing but hate about how it was a Taurus.. lol

13. fmj

fmj New Member

I do my best to not hate on a man and his gun. Didnt post anything negative about you and yours.

But when it comes to Taurus in general...i have NOTHING good to say. I had one (PT145) , it broke every time i shot it! Will never say another good word about 'em, nor will i ever own another!

14. CharlieWhiskey261

Who knows.. I know that Taurus makes cheaper models, but I had, and my father has PT1911s and both are awesome. I ended up trading mine for an SKS tapco'd out, 3 mags, 160 winchester rounds, and a case with 150.00.. Or I probably woulda kept it

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

This is why the Glock was invented! :cool:

:rolleyes:

16. fmj

fmj New Member

Its all good bro...shoot what ya like.

Sounds to me like you got the better end of the deal.;)

17. CharlieWhiskey261

i hear that. Lol, looking for something new actually.. Got my armed class 10-13th so I need something soon.. Found a place locally paying armed gaurds 15-17.00 an hour.. better than I was getting working at a jail with real cops..

@OP
    Lesson of the day. Those who can't shoot hate guns. Those who can shoot finally ask why everyone else hates the guns..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  18. billt

billt New Member

I've had my Kimber Stainless II for a couple of years now. I've never had a single problem with it. My only gripe was the plastic mainspring housing. I felt they could do better on a 1K weapon. Then I found the same thing on my new steel framed Colt Commander. "Modern manufacturing" at it's finest.

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Glad to see you back DodgerBlue.

What happened with the Sig's?

Shoot what you like.

If we don't vote this guy out this fall none of us will have guns to shoot!

20. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

That's odd my hated Taurus pt 1911 only cost me 469 bucks NIB. Has never failed, and shoots every type of bullet. And it has a metal mainspring housing. hmm. ;)