Being friendly

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by .22hustler, Apr 5, 2009.

1. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

I don't have many posts here, but I am busy in another forum. That forum seems to be getting away from being friendly, and I'm looking forward to having more input here. I'm not a trouble-maker, or one to start arguments with ANYONE. We( my son and I), just like to talk guns.. Thanks for letting me have my rant...I had to say it somewhere as I would have probaly been banned from my other forum.:):):)

2. genie

genie New Member

THAT you call a rant? My other forums would simply gloss over it, too tame.

So, why don't we talk guns?

Ever seen or better yet, held and fired a High Standard Model 10-B shotgun?

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

No ban here for something as inocuous as that. :)

Still, you need some what of a thick skin here.

You guys love to talk guns, well, this is the place to be. Jump in and be yourself. Opinions of gun owners and defenders of 2A are always welcome and encouraged.

What do you like to shoot most, gun wise? What is you chioce of gun? Do you hunt?

4. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

im a relatively new member here and 1)welcome, 2) everyone here is really nice and respectful.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Welcome, I know what you mean. I've had some problems on other forums because I own cheaper firearms or because I've disagreed with a moderator and other stupid and trivial things like that. You won't have any of that kind of trouble here, sometimes we give each other hell for different things but it's all in good fun. :D

6. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

LOL.. I can get nasty, but I won't!!! I promise..My rant was about a TWO WORD comment I made on the other forum, and it wasn't what everyone thinks,lol I said "You're banned". Jokingly, with sarcasm.. And a mod quick jumped on me.. Never mind about the other postings about masterbating and such, "You're Banned" must have struck a note with this cretin with a brain of a goldfish!!!...... I don't hunt any longer as I'm 100% disabled, and can't get around much. The bones in my legs are dying and it affects the hips mostly. And I'm as thick-skinned as they come, and will dish it out also. I'm a US Army veteran of the Viet-Nam era, 1970-72, and was in Field Arty. as a armorer. We shoot the guns at every chance, and here's what we have...Winchesters, M-290, M-88, M-490,M-1200, SKS, AK-47, 1917 Eddystone, 6.5 jap that was a bring home from China, Burma, India by my dad,Stevens Buckhorn, M-53b,Remingtons 1100, 870, .410 SXS, Mosin Nagant, Mossberg O/U Silver Reserve,black powder .44 Colt, and my wife's two pistols, a Bersa Thunder .380 that she loves, and a new Kel-Tec 9mm with laser sight, that she loves more than me.... Now, do feel lucky, punk??,lol. I was steered here by a member who also didn't like the last forum.. Thanks all!!!!

7. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

Some people have inexpensive firearms, some have expensive firearms.. It's all in what you like.. I NEVER look down on anyone who has less than I, percieved or real, because I've been there.. I've lost everything at one time or another, but when the good Lord closes a door on you, another one opens up. I don't know who said that but it's the truth.I'm certainly not well-off but better-heeled than some, because I NEVER THROW NOTHING AWAY,lol. Just ask the wife. I had a near-fatal heart attack two yrs ago, and they lost me twice.. But I'm too mean and good-looking for the dirt nap,lolololololololol. Thanks all, I know I'll like it here.!!!!!

8. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

I've fired M-16's, .50cal, M-79's, .45's, 105mm, and 155 howitzers, but the kick on those hurts some..

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Kicks don't hurt on mounted guns,lol!!

Welcome here and thanks for your service to our Country!! I disagreed with a moderator on another gun forum and was promptly banned, oh well.

Mods can really be power hungry dolts if they want to be. The problem is, anyone can be a mod anywhere be it a teenage punk or someone who really wants to help. I think we have the latter here.

10. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

You are very welcome here .22, most of us don't have collectors pieces, all my guns except the cased Colt 1911 DPS Commemerative, are shooters. I love guns, I haven't met one yet I didn't like. THANK YOU! for your service to this great country, all three of my sons served, 2 in USMC and 1 in the Army, 1 (USMC) in Iraq, 1 (US Army) in Kosovo. Many thanks to ALL the vets!

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

First of all, thanks for your service and sacrifices. I know that 'thanks' does not cover anything, but you can be sure that it is heart felt.

It's not clique like here. There are some snooties (you know who you are) but they aren't so snooty as to think less of you because you don't wanna spend $2k on a build of a .460. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, this site is full of defenders of the 2A. Letter writing to elected officials is offered, honest reviews of firearms is rampant and there's a good group of members that would like to toss all officials and start over....

Heck, if Canebreak can post over 1,000 messages and dish (and take) what he dishes and is still a revered member...you gotta go for it!! :eek:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  12. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Believe me I have made some faceless friends here and I respect every last one of them, whether I agree with them or not. From the sincerity and honesty in their words I know I'm in good company with these ladies and gentlemen. Stick around long enough and you too will know what I'm talking about. Hunter Joe

Don't Tread On Us.

13. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

I have over 1700 posts in the other forum, and have met many folks there whom I consider close friends. I'm sure it will be the same here. And to all the good guys who thanked me for my service, it was a pleasure and an honor to serve the great citizens of this country. I only wish I could have done more, even the ultimate sacrifice would not have been enough. I come from a long line of service people, from the First World War, to the Second World War, the Korean Conflict, and to Viet Nam. My family has fought in Germany, the jungles of Burma, the Fight for the Liberation of the Phillipines, Mindanoa, the hills of Korea, rice paddies in Viet Nam, and at the Siege of Khe Sanh. My f-i-l was a Special Forces Combat Medic with two tours of Viet Nam. Still has dink metal in his legs. All my uncles are now dead except for one, and he has some hair-raising stories about hand to hand fighting the japs in the jungle.. This is what great men are made of; not the number of rebounds, or rbi's, or stolen bases, or Nascar championships.We owe alot to the "greatest generation", and to all our service people, whether guy or gal.

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Amen, brother, and I understand the 'not really a sacrifice' mentality.

Stick around, and chime in. Your knowledge and opinions are expected now. :D

15. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

I'll do my best, brother..Night all.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Other forums are doodie heads.:p

17. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Welcome! We try our best to keep this place civil but as stated really anyone who wants to interact using a forum needs to have thick skin because just like in real life your going to have the annoying guy here and there.

18. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

+1, I hear ya!

19. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

For the most part, the people here are "mature adults"... I left the Kel Tec forum because those jerks have a serious attitude. If you disagree with them, well, you know what I'm saying...

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Why, not at all! I just button up my asbestos undies, close the flap on my Nomex suit, apply flash burn cream to the exposed skin, turn the sprinklers up to HIGH........:rolleyes: