Beer!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dnthmn2004, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I like beer.

34.0%
  2. I like PBR.

6.4%
  3. I like GOOD beer.

51.1%
  4. I thought we were done with the beer polls.

8.5%
  1. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I thought I would share my recent accomplishments with my fellow beer lovers.

First picture is my Extra Pale Ale. Super dry, bitter with strong aroma, unfortunately not as clear as I wanted. Almost gone :eek: Friends and family are asking me to bring my home brew wherever I go.

Second picture is what I'm currently enjoying. My version of an Irish Stout. Dryer than anticipated, there is an initial hit of huge flavor, I would say mostly grain with almost equal chocolate/smokey flavor with a hoppy aftertaste, foamy head, hoppy aroma, super dark color but clear. VERY happy with this batch. 53 to go :cool:

Attached Files:

2. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I voted for "good beer", however it should have been "I love good beer"

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i wanted to vote "there is no such thing as good beer" but it wasnt there :/

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Oh, that is just not right by any means. :eek:

Which brand of pink lemonade do you like the best? :cool:

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Complete thumbs up for that one!

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Thank you, sir. :)

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I went PBR, since Hieleman's Old Style wasn't a choice.:)

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

What little drinking I used to do was always a nice bourbon. Never cared for beer its always tasted like what you would imagine old gym socks should taste like.

9. Harleygunner

Harleygunner New Member

I tried a beer once, the name escapes me now, green bottle, with some kind of wire contraption and ceramic stopper for a bottle top. Looked really neat, but it was, as we say sometimes, "skunk beer". Had an awful taste. If that had been my first beer, it may have been my last.
    Over the years, I have come to appreciate mini-breweries, some great beers there, all kinds of different flavors. Give'em a try, might win you over.

10. russ

russ New Member

That would be Grolsch. And yea, it's nasty.

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I want a pint of what dnthmn2004 made!!

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Me too. And I want a monthly shipment of yours as well

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I take that as a compliment :). I guess I have to add to my equipment to brew more. Then I'll take some orders - free of charge of course.

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Looks like you might have to expand your production facilities. Any thought to going public and hiring some staff? :confused: FYI - I am available for a career change ;)

Oh yeah, please add me to the monthly mailing list :D

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

i like the Grolsch.:eek:
    Different, but I like it every once in a while.

Attached Files:

16. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I actually have my business plan all laid out. This is obviously the first step. Knowing and believing in the product is very important with small businesses - I'm trying my best :cool:. Making mistakes in small batches before going commercial (none yet - knock on wood). Attending Beer Fests and learning from the pros. Getting my brew masters degree. Getting my own recipes down pat. The law says I can brew up to 200 gallons before I need to file some paperwork. I can safely say I'm under that right now.

**sigh**

17. armoredman

armoredman Member

Make any ambers? Love Alaskan Amber and Taproom 21 Moe's Backroon Amber Ale.

18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

My Smoked Amber just won a 1st Place Blue Ribbon, as did my American Pale Ale. Alaskan Amber is mid style and although a great craft beer, not what I'd brew. I like a heavy malt backbone to balance the hops.

dnthmn2004, too bad you're on the opposite coast! We could start a brewery. My business plan is done, brewery design done, equipment specs. done, all I need is to hit powerball and I'm on my way!! :D

19. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

We will see who wins powerball or megamillions first. I'd be glad to go partners and brew beer for a living. How can you beat that? :)

20. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Can't!! I could brew until I run out of fermenter space!! And, I do!! :D