Beer kills

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Last Crow, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

We need to tell theses gun control freaks they are barking up the wrong tree. Guns only killed 35,957, 1995 is the year they quote. Alcohol linked to 75,000 U.S. deaths a year. That’s almost twice as many that are killed by guns. We have to stop the deaths, ban alcohol. Wait, we tried that once and it didn’t work.
    There are several views as to the cause of the Civil War in the US. My view is it was caused by busy bodies that had to mind every ones else’s business. My view is that busy bodies killed over one half million Americans between 1861 and 1865.
    Damn, I wish we could ban the busy bodies.
    Source for Alcohol deaths.
    Alcohol linked to 75,000 U.S. deaths a year - Addictions- msnbc.com
    Source for gun deaths.
    Post on this site: This made me vomit

2. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

We need stronger laws controlling "Natural Causes"! That, and dihydrogen monoxide. Dihydrogen monoxide is REALLY deadly.

3. Chiefof21

Chiefof21 New Member

I think we should start by banning city mayors from sticking thier nose into the crime problems of other cities when they cannot get a grip on the crime in thier own city.

Also while we're at it ban H. Clinton, N. Pelosi, and D. Fienstein from public view. These three are so ugly they can create train wrecks. Um how many would that kill each year?

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Did you even comprehend the point the OP was trying to make? You are aware of the prize you get if you make it to 500 posts in the first 60 days right?

5. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Nice easy pitch straight down the middle...........KaWham outta the park!

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

GET a grip. Guns are the least of the problems in the death. Wait till obamacare comes around. People will be dying left and right why because these people can't ballance a check book let alone run a country.

Cars and Doctors cause more deaths than guns ever do.

Stats can also be played both ways. Brady and his bunch of homo's throws in combat deaths and gang related deaths and we the Right side doesn't include them. Stats can be worked to make them say what you want them to.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2009
  7. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

Yes only 35,957 in 1995 killed by guns. More than half this number were suicides. If theses people did not have a gun to kill themselves with they may have used a car. I guess we have to ban cars also they killed many more in the US than guns.
    Half of Gun Deaths Are Suicides
    Tuesday July 1, 2008
    Research shows that surprisingly often gun deaths are self-inflicted.
    In 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), suicides accounted for 55% of the nation's nearly 31,000 firearm deaths.
    In the same year, 40% of deaths were homicides, 3% were accidents and the remaining 2% were "legal killings", such as when police officers do the shooting in the course of duty.
    Nor was there anything unique about that particular year. Gun-related have suicides outnumbered firearm homicides and accidents for 20 of the last 25 years, according to CDC statistics.

Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

8. Kain

Kain Member

Ever seen the movie "Thank you for Smoking"? In it the M.O.D. (Merchants of Death) meet every friday to discuss how many people their products are killing every year. The firearms rep complains that if he added guns and alcohol together they'd still not have half of the people killed by Tobacco. Or something like that. It's been about 4 years since I saw the movie. Guns get a bad rap since they "intentionally" kill people. Alcohol and Tobacco deaths are "side effects"

9. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

Some more stupid facts.
    Face up to it, something is going to kill you.
    Annual Causes of Death in the United States
    Tobacco 435,000
    Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
    Alcohol 85,000
    Microbial Agents 75,000
    Toxic Agents 55,000
    Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
    Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
    Suicide 30,622
    Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
    Homicide 20,308
    Sexual Behaviors 20,000
    All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
    Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
    Marijuana 0
    Year given 2000.
    Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts
    Smoke pot not Tobacco.

10. Jess

Jess New Member

i would really really like to know which sexual behaviors are deadly:D

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

12. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^ (pointing to Jess's post) Ever see that movie Seven? That one for sure.

I do find some of those stats interesting in light of the much quoted "the seasonal influenza kills approximately 30,000 Americans each year". So, when are they gonna make sneezing in public a felony. "Sir you didn't catch that with your elbow, so...well, don't drop the soap when you are our guest."

Is it just me, or did that horse look a bit confused?

Honestly, i find this hard to believe. I can accept that there were no OD's, but somebody had to have a car wreck or something with pot in their system. It stays in your fat for a month or more & i'm sure if it showed up in the autopsy for a car crash victim, somebody would blame it, especially if it was a two-car wreck with a Hostess snack van.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  13. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

1. An exhaustive search of the literature finds no credible reports of deaths induced by marijuana. The US Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) records instances of drug mentions in medical examiners' reports, and though marijuana is mentioned, it is usually in combination with alcohol or other drugs. Marijuana alone has not been shown to cause an overdose death.
    Source:
    National Academy Press, 1999), available on the web at http://www.nap.edu/html/marimed/; and US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition" (Docket #86-22), September 6, 1988, p. 57.
    Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts
    I agree if you smoke pot you better not drive. Looks like it was used with alcohol.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

I only know of one way to OD on Marijuana, and a person would have to do this intentionally, as it would require over a week of planning and preparation. I'm saving that info incase i am ever diagnosed with something terminal & painful.

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dude I want to see that fattie when you roll that Orangello Good lord that would make cheech and chong joints look like 2 year olds were tokin.

16. divinginn

divinginn New Member

What I find interesting is that doctor prescriptions are deadlier than illegal drugs.

17. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

DOGS!!!

Somewhere around 500,000 children are hurt each year by dogs. We should ban dogs. Maybe we should require a background check for dogs, and a permit to have one out in public. I don't recall dogs in the constitution.

18. Yunus

Yunus New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf5If2yqme4]YouTube - HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 1 MIGHTY JOINT!!![/ame]
    Mighty Joint!

19. orangello

orangello New Member

20. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

Oh Yeah! If all the tobacco smokers and alcohol drinkers converted to the wonderful Cannabis Sativa plant, our population would skyrocket even higher!!! And if they legalized it we would have enough money to get out of this econimical cluster**** we have been in the last few years...