Beep yeah!!

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by kaido, Sep 23, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Today could not of gone any better. I woke up beside a beautiful lady, had breakfast at Boston Pizza with her and then I called my LGS to see if they did trade ins. Long storey short, I stopped there on my way out to a make shift range in a friends field.

While there I seem a sweet looking .17HMR listed as $325.00 and was given the okay for the trade in. So I go rid of my Mossberg 702 Plinkster for a Savage 93R17 with a heavy barrel......but that's not all. I also got a Sweet 17 scope and rings thrown in, that still isn't the bet part. I got the Sweet 17 for a mear $100.00 even. In total all I actually paid was $300.00.

I was also able to get the rifle sighted in at 20yards but a little low so should be set for 100, I'll test that later. With out further adieu, here's the rifle and a couple groups.

All groups where shot with Hornadys 17gr V-max. The firs group is the first five shots through the barrel/scope.

Second is when the windage was set.

The last group is when my girlfriend fired her first five shots ever from a .17HMR. (Shown size is the three tightest shots. Including the flyers it's a 1.091" group)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Must be an invisible rifle. That will drive the feds crazy when they come looking for it.:D

3. kaido

kaido New Member

I like to keep the Feds guessing. It makes my life that much more amusing n(-=

EDIT: would also like to say these groups where shoot off the hood of my explorer. Would of loved to use proper bench and sand bags.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012