Been gone a while

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lostchild, May 23, 2016.

1. lostchild

lostchild New Member

I've been out of the loop awhile (years). I do'nt post alot ( do'nt know a lot ). My wife was diagnosed with MS about the time I joined. She became completeltly bed bound, two weeks after I lost my job. I was her sole caregiver for five years . The doc refered her to hospisc (they are the best) . Our world was rocked and things went down hill fast after that. She was admited to the hospisc unit, this was the day after thanksgiving . December the ninth I was going to visit her and I crashed the van (a gaurdrail jumped out in front of me) I ended up in intensive care. While I was in there she passed away. Still hard to talk about it, but she is in a better place and out of pain now. Sorry this was so long thanks for listining. lost..

2. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

LostChild, Welcome back and we'll try to help if we can.
    Regarding you NOT KNOWING A LOT, we all started somewhere and questions are answered with enthusiasm as long as we think the asker is serious and genuine.
    If you need some direction or some one to talk to for moral or spiritual support we have a couple of folks that like to help in that area too
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/official-prayer-request-thread-20204/
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/daily-devotional-116609/
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/official-bible-study-thread-111779/

In all Come on out and enjoy the camaraderie
    Art From Alaska said it!

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

So sorry, my friend. Life can really kick us sometimes, can't it? I hope you are healing and life is getting better for you. When I joined here, I knew nothing about guns. Lots of great people here who will answer any and all questions and some will even meet up with you and shoot with you.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Pain shared is divided. Joy shared is multiplied.

Welcome back, my brother. Come sit with us for a while, and get healed up. If you have other things you need to do for a while, that's OK- just stop in when you come by this way. There is always a spot by the fire- and we are glad to see you back.

Just keep away from those guardrails. Damned things are vicious- bit the mirror right off'n my truck once.

:p

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome back, and my sympathies. I hope we as a group can help.

6. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Hopefully you'll reach a point where you can fondly look back on all the good times and smile rather than feel the pain of loss that your feeling now. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

7. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

8. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Sole caregiver is a horribly painful job, especially for a spouse. We hope you will reach out to someone (anyone) for support. We have chaplains on the forum here. One is a licensed minister in real life; both are sensitive, caring, intelligent individuals who can provide support through PMs if you like. Many of us have some experience in counseling if you need it. As ArtBrownSr (one of our chaplains) indicated above, there are multiple threads that are specifically for prayer support or biblical support.

Lord, you know LostChild's situation better than any of us. You are the one who can help him more than any of us. We ask that You would touch him with Your love in Jesus' name.

9. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

There are some here living with similar deep scars and can relate to the pain you feel . Do not hesitate to reach out , many will be there for you do not hesitate , just PM anytime , any day !

Life has much to offer , one never knows what lie around the next corner one step at a time .

Welcome back and feel free to reach out , we are here ! :)

10. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Hi there LostChild sounds like your luck can't get much worse.
    Here is a little something to catch you up.
    The is a new caliber on the shelves now it's .22lr ir it just seems like it.
    Entry level AKs cost more then ARs. I never thought this could happen.
    You can buy steel core .223 but just about everything else steel core are illegal to be sold.
    Almost all import mil-surp arms have been stopped.
    There is something called a bump fire stock that you can legally put on your AR or AK to fire at almost full-auto speed.
    These are just a few things that have happened in the last few years that received a lot of forum talk.
    I'm sure there are a few things I've missed, maybe someone could add some more things.