been curious what it would take

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by trip286, Apr 14, 2012.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

To choke my SA milspec...
    So I picked up these reloads at a flea market.
    Let's see...fmj ball, lead ball, fmj wad cutter, lead wad cutter, fmj semi wad cutter, lead semi wad cutter, lead wad cutter hollow point, fmj hollow point, lead hollow point, some loaded short, some loaded long, and at least one is loaded crooked. If my gun is going to choke on anything, I'll find it in this box.

ForumRunner_20120414_154722.jpg

2. capstone

capstone New Member

Wow! That's a " purdy " box if ammo

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You paid cash money for those? :p

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

WOW! what a smorg-ass-board!!

I want to hear the outcome of this :)

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

5 bucks :( and I'll be shooting it up with Downsouth next weekend, so I'll let y'all know.

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yea, and by the description of those quality handloads I will have a full face sheild on.

7. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

That is a mutt-box of ammo

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

got an extra one? Might be a good thing that Sue won't be there this time...

9. downsouth

downsouth New Member

good times

downloadfile-69.jpeg

10. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

Do you really trust that someone unknown put the correct (safe) powder charges in there? If i were you, i wouldnt. Ive done a lot of crazy things, but trusting a strangers handloads is not one of them. Especially when theyre seated short, long, crooked, etc. If he didnt pay attention to seating, do you think he did while throwing powder? Blown up guns and/or hands will ruin a day at the range real quick! Just something to think about.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ryguy, every now and then, shaking hands with death, injury, or destruction let's you know you're still alive. And if I get a slide though the face, one of two things happens, I get some bad ass scars, or my troubles are over.

In other words, at the moment, I really don't give a damn.

12. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

Well good luck to you. With an attitude like that, im sure youll survive pretty much anything. Ill say a prayer for your gun. ;)

13. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Wow Trip....no sarcasm intended but I hope you're doing OK bro. That last bit was unexpected.

14. downsouth

downsouth New Member

We have a saying down here,

"It'll be aight".

There will be adult supervision, my son jstrong is comming also.

Safety is always the name of the game.

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I hope so. Those things look like they were loaded by Helen Keller and Ray Charles was in charge of measuring the powder!!

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Nothing's killed me yet, and it hasn't been for lack of trying. I am a little concerned about the gun, but I think the worst that may happen is a failure to chamber.

Frantz, yeah, I'm having a real hard time. I don't think the healing can even begin until the situation is over. But, on the upside, I'm building callouses on my soul again, one place no man should need them. But it's dulling the sensation.

17. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I know you guys will be safe, just was saying I'm not used to hearing Trip say he don't give a damn about that stuff.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Well, I'm scared to death of being hurt, but I've never been afraid of dying. But like I said, I think a failure to chamber is the worst that would happen.

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

there arent any wadcutters in that box just semi wadcutters. wadcutters are like loading a empty case. the bullet is seated flush with the case mouth.

here are full wadcutter bullets

[​IMG]

if you load up an empty case under a live round in the mag and it cycles and loads the empty your gun will shoot any ammo that will fit in the mag and have enough energy to cycle the slide.

semi wadcutters will definately test it. most autoloaders have problems with them.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thanks for the education. I thought it referred to the "trunk" of the projectile. Some of these are fatter and have a less pronounced shoulder than some of the others.