Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local market for ice cream, There was groud beef for three dollars a pound.... Next to it there's a whole rack of # 2 rib eyes. for three dollars a pound, What would you buy.....Hell i got a meat grinder..... Whole racks don't come cheap and for three dollars a pound you cant even grow your own beef........What say you all,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yes they are. You have to watch out for them when you walk up to them or your going to get knocked out

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mountain Oysters.....

Thanks for the advice, Id kill an grind that bull too, Looks to be nothing but soup meat, or tough burgers......Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know it was a Tourist Bull........lol just kidding........:eek:;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
HotFudge said:
Aren't longhorns kind of a rarity in Texas nowadays? Like most ranchers raise different breeds?
Yes and no some raise them for shows and others use the to cross breed to our roping steers so they have good horns . That bull their will never be kill for eating. He as a great life all he does is eat and breed that's it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I don't believe I've ever seen a set of horns that big ! Bigger than the fireplace I'd like to mount them on.

OP - ground round is 2.99 a lb on sale here (85/15). We never see ribeyes for less than 4.99 a lb and that is the bone - in price.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Buy in bulk to save $$$, if you can store it and not waste it.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
attitude adjusted.......

First off my apologies, second is I did go back and purchase four more racks, there was very little waste compared to brisket wich was just a few cents less, The butcher said that the ground beef was made from the # 2 rib eyes, but he does not say that the meat was past due for sale and that additives have been incorporated into the ground beef. I'm going to pack the four racks in and ice chest covered in ice for a week and hopefully they will be a bit more tender.......I don't mind a little green color in the meat. [ old meat ]........My apologies to all hear on fTf.......Wills......:eek:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mother nature......

We sell beef and eat elk.:) Longhorns are "Yard Ornaments".:D

A few years back a friend of mine gave me some Elk steaks, It was better than the beef they sell around here, different taste yes, I had it grilled, pan fried, and some made into a chili.....Very good eating for thoughs that like the taste of the wild......:)

·
Administrator
34,289 Posts
When I went to visit Stalkingbear last fall he made elk meat burgers on the grill. They were incredibly good.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Undersirable

Why do I have to order beef tongue from the butcher, or ox tail, shouldn't that be in the same case as the rest of the steer.......If its considered scrap why do I pay a premium......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts