Bedside gun and gear!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CHLChris, Aug 14, 2013.

1. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

What is your bedside rig? Here is mine:

I have decided to have guns and gear for lots of scenarios. If I wake up in the night and actually see someone in my room, I keep my daily carry rig (Glock 23 with a Crimson Trace grip laser and trigger guard light combination, loaded with Federal HST's) in a Crossbreed Bedside Back-Up.

[​IMG]

I had to modify the bedside Backup a bit. Because the kydex is so smooth, it just slipped around between the mattresses. I used spray adhesive and affixed 80-grit sandpaper to both sides. Now it is as solid as two sheets of kydex can be...

[​IMG]

In the morning, I either put the G23 back in the safe or put it on to wear for the day. I don't leave guns out, even though I don't have kids. I don't want to leave $800+ rigs out for thieves to steal.

If I hear a bump in the night, but I'm not exactly sure what it is, I will leave my G23 there and open my GunVault Deluxe to retrieve my Glock 21 with Streamlight TLR-2 (with red laser), loaded with Hornady Critical Duty's. I will also carry my Fenix TK15 with the strap around my wrist. I chose 45acp for this duty because the BOOM of 45acp actually is a couple of decibels quieter than the CRACK of 9mm or 40S&W. I am very concerned with keeping my hearing...

I happen to also keep my Howard Leight electronic hearing protection on my bedside table, but I'm not sure I'd ever throw those on.

[​IMG]

If I was seriously hunkering down and/or there was no doubt of someone in my house, I'd go to my master closet and key in the combo for my Shotlock wall-mounted shotgun vault. It is a Mossberg 590a1 and sports a Streamlight TLR-1s and a Trijicon front bead. It also has a single-point sling attachment point (Blackhawk sling is right next to it in the closet) and a stock sleeve for extra rounds. I load #1 buckshot and have 2 extra boxes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What's your set-up?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Right now, since I don't have enough money for all the stuff I want, I keep a bedside gunsafe with my M&P9c and my wife's M&P9 full size in it. They're both loaded with Hornady Critical Duty. I also have a flashlight on my nightstand.

3. 1411

1411 New Member

Shotlock looks cool. I want one.

4. stag556

stag556 New Member

My XD .45 and a Fenix TK75 with one tube extension. I'm a flashlight (Fenix) junkie, as well.

5. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

How much did that shot lock run you? Looks like a great way to store your shotgun.

6. sbach311

sbach311 New Member

I have my glock 22 loaded with winchester Pdx-1 in my bedside safe and my wife has her ruger lcr 357 also with winchester Pdx-1 in her safe. If it gets a little crazy I'm real close to my mossberg 12 guage or my colt ar-15.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Very smart about the hearing pro there.
    Some people say "Combat is too important to wear it you must be able to hear the enemy."
    But if you dont wear hearing protection you wont be able to hear anything for a while after shooting indoors anyway except a ringing, so there is really no point in damaging your ears.

In a pinch I decided I might wear the right flap over the ear ( its next to the gun) and the left one of in case i need to hear and combat has not been joined.
    then you can always push the right side down real quick.

8. indy36

indy36 New Member

Well, right next to my bed is my bookcase. image-966606824.jpg

On shelf two there is a fake book. image-1122489065.jpg

Inside the fake book is a Steyr C9-A1 9mm pistol with high lumen LED light and a spare mag. image-846816485.jpg

There you go. If you see this gun in real life you'll be dead.

9. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Wow I am glad you got away with taking a picture. Don't risk your life for us.

10. indy36

indy36 New Member

It was dangerous but I did it for you.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I own a bed ----
    There a gun on either side of it-----

12. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

At what point do you decide to put your electronic muffs on?

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

When the wife starts bitchin about being woke up :D

14. rickster

rickster New Member

These two sleep by my side.

image-3135466708.jpg

image-1128824893.jpg

This one sleeps behind the beds headboard.

image-1384222748.jpg

This one sleeps on my wife's side.

image-529911912.jpg

This one is in the closet and ready for backup duty.

image-3672179705.jpg

Also tucked between my side of the bed and the night stand is a streamlight 4 cell flashlight.

Our alarm system.

image-1311963179.jpg

15. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

HERE is the link to a Shotlock for about $170. I'm betting that if I came home to a house ransacked by a thief, I'd find a shotgun still there, but pretty scratched up or even bent from them trying to tear it off the wall.

My glasses keep the ear pro from getting a really good seal, so they don't really protect as much I'd like. With them turned up, though, you can actually hear the house's sounds even better than your ears. A huge drawback, though, is that bare ears are much better at determining locations of sounds as compared to electronic ears.

I'm not sure I ever would put them on, to answer your question. But then, I will probably never discharge my shotgun in my bedroom, either!

16. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I keep a ruger gp 100 in .357 magnum loaded with .38 sp +p golden sabre jhp. Right next to it is a streamlight polytac ready to go. It's a small apartment so I dont feel I'd have time to get to my safe with the rifles and shotgun in it.

17. indy36

indy36 New Member

Ha ha ha! Classic!

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Pistol on the nightstand. Uncle Joe special in the closet. A set up that's been used for home defense since...Well...a long damn time.