Becoming a Supporting member????

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by TDS92A, Sep 26, 2012.

1. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Would someone please provide me mailing information so that I can send a money order to pay for my membership?

I do not pay anything on the internet. I have no faith or trust in the system.

Thanks! :D

2. orangello

orangello New Member

PM notdku and he will know.

3. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 Active Member

Hes the man, I paid via the mail, no problem. He understood, I feel the same way you do about internet voodoo transfers!

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Out of curiosity, not hatin', do you two ask for a paper check on your federal income tax refund? I don't; at my previous job, that info was available to assist with lien collection for state tax debts.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 Active Member

Refund? Whats that? You mean they actually send you money back? I havent gotten a tax refund in 10+ years, I pay Max all year then a bunch at the end. I have however written 2 checks at the end of the year every year for at least 10 or more. They go in the mail minutes before they are due along with a paper return, Im pretty sure the Audit procedure has become very automated with the Online Submissions, Im never gonna make it that easy. Hand them 40 Pages and let the fun begin!

6. TDS92A

Done that. No response. :(

7. TDS92A

Dude, that sucks.

In 2010, I had to pay the IRS $3.00 in back taxes. It cost more to process my paperwork than what I owed. :eek:

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

He'll reply. It sometimes takes a day or two if he's out of town or very busy but he will get back to you.

9. TDS92A

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!

Hope restored!:D

Standing by.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Lol, I got you beat! I was hit for 3 cents when I was 18. It cost me 20 something cents for the stamp (10 years ago). THEN they sent it back because they can't accept "cash"! Along with a lengthy note regarding the proper way to pay, and a warning to get it done quick. I called their office, and even went so far as to ask "pretty please" could we just forget about it. I got a lecture on all the different things taxes are supposed to be funding (like my three cents are going to really help pave a road).

In the end, that three cents cost me 2 stamps at 27(?) Cents, about two hours lecture time, at least 2 hours at the post office, and $1.30 for a money order. And that doesn't count the cab fair, as I was a young Marine and didn't have a car at the time. I think that totaled around 40 bucks or so.

:D good times.

11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

I followed up with a pm, but I will also post this info here.

If you would like to send a check or money order I'm happy to accept them. Please send to

FirearmsTalk.com
    P.O. Box 911
    San Marcos, TX 78667

Please be sure to include your user name in the notes of the check.

12. TDS92A

PM sent, address recorded.

Is your P.O. Box number a coincidence or intentional?

Thanks for the address!!

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I wonder if you can sticky this somewhere as I've seen this question about where to send a check more than once.

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

PO Box 911 how fitting :D

15. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

It was entirely coincidental.

16. TDS92A

SSSuuuuurrrrreeeeee it was!!!.:rolleyes:

Very fitting to this site either way..:D