Beatings Trend

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Rentacop, Nov 14, 2019.

1. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

An Armed Society is a Polite Society.

Variations perhaps reduce the impolite part...

schnuffleupagus and Caveman Jim like this.
  2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

My friend Dave was, and still is, about 6 feet tall and weighs about 260 pounds. Built like a bear. He is an 8th degree black belt in Korean karate. Leaving a New Years party in Georgetown; Dave was attacked by five residents as he opened the car door for his girlfriend. He shoved the girlfriend into the car, closed the door and went to work. Four of the attackers were left with broken limbs. One had massive internal injuries from a kick.

Cops took Dave and girlfriend to the police station. Numerous cops came in, listened and laughed their butts off as Dave and his girlfriend recounted the story again.

Caveman Jim, austin92, JTJ and 5 others like this.

3. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

"On Dec. 23, a 28-year-old man punched and kicked a 65-year-old in midtown Manhattan while yelling anti-Semitic slurs, police said. Steven Jorge was charged with assault in the second degree as a hate crime.
    On Thursday, an Orthodox woman was walking with her 3-year-old son in Gravesend, a neighborhood in Brooklyn, when she was approached from behind by Ayana Logan, officials said.
    Logan, 42, whacked the 34-year-old mother in the head, officials say, and delivered an ominous message: “You f---ing Jew. Your end is coming to you.” She was arraigned on charges of assault as a hate crime, menacing as a hate crime and endangering the welfare of a child.
    A day later, 30-year-old Tiffany Harris slapped three Orthodox women in the face and head in Crown Heights, a neighborhood known for its heavy Orthodox population and history of racial tension."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c20578-2a7e-11ea-bcb3-ac6482c4a92f_story.html

The Jews I've seen on T.V. are demanding that those who attack them be held and forced to post bail and are asking for more police protection . They don't seem to have learned from the Texas church shooting that armed defense is needed . Of course, NY gun laws guarantee unarmed victims .

primer1, Caveman Jim, alsaqr and 2 others like this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If the so-called anti-defamation league would stop wasting all of their energy pushing Marxism-Leninism and start trying to defend their fellow Jews the whole country would be better off.

Caveman Jim, Rentacop, alsaqr and 2 others like this.
  5. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

That is the whole crux of the matter. "an armed society is a polite society'; an unarmed society is a society of victims".

I'm 5'10" struggling to get up to 130# due to medical conditions. I'm not a black belt and frankly don't any longer have the strength to battle it out with pretty much anyone. Cancer does that to ya sometimes...

So I carry, and always will. Hope I never have to use it, avoid what one would typically consider danger areas. But times change and a trip to a local (rural) Walmart could quickly become an encounter I am not prepared to counter with fists/jaws.

6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I see this quote regularly i think its nonsense. There are polite and impolite people in all societies, armed or unarmed has nothing to do with. Are people saying they are only polite to others in case they are armed. Being armed could be a good idea for some but politeness or lack off has nothing to do with it IMO.

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member Supporter

I think the quote would be more accurate if you replace "polite society", with "civil society".

Caveman Jim and manta like this.
  8. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

I agree. If you actually read the book that quote came from the speaker wasn't actually talking about courtesy, he was talking about a ridgid code of behavioral rules that if not adhered to would lead to a duel

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Caveman Jim and manta like this.
  9. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

The anti-gun sect argue that being armed brings out aggressive behavior and cite statistics showing road rage is more prevalent with drivers who are armed.

What is missing from their equation is that if all drivers were known to be armed...would road rage then be as prevalent. Which comes back to the quote by Heinlein "back up his acts with his life."

When the perceived advantage is not only lost but might well be in the others favor...what then? Shut up and move on? "Polite Society."

Same with the Jewish people in NYC. If they were know to be armed and willing to use their weapons in defense, would the "aggressors" be so willing to try to beat them down? Or would they look for other easier victims?

ellis

10. Trunk Monkey

You quoted one line. Quote the line in context of the entire paragraph. Have you ever actually read the book?

11. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Fortunately, the only attacks we encounter while walking our road involve mosquitos and deer flies during that season.
    I have thought about carrying a walking stick "thumper", but don't think a black bear would run in fear from that weapon, so, the 4-inch .454 revolver seems a better persuader, at least to me. But, if we lived in a city that has racial predators, and some jury might think it's not prudent to shoot a flock of muggers, I might consider carrying a canister of "bear repellent", just to see if any of the attackers are into face painting.

austin92 and BVAL like this.
  12. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

People are polite and impolite every day even in countries where people are not armed, and to quote (An armed society is a polite society) like its a good thing, who would want to live in a country where people need to be armed to be polite to each other.

13. ellis36

No, I haven't. I've heard that quote for years and I just looked it up to see what the complete quote was.
    The site didn't quote an entire paragraph. Now that my curiosity is piqued, I just might check it out and read it. See what it's all about.

Thanks!

ellis

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  14. Trunk Monkey

I'm warning you right now it's a really stupid book

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Manta, you live in a tightly knit little country with very little diversity.
    My response would be, "Who would want to be unarmed in a diverse community?"

Lib-tards would never admit this, but DIVERSITY is the CAUSE of most societal ills.

16. ellis36

Maybe that's why my library doesn't have it. :D

I think the complete "quote" stands on it's own for discussion without getting into the context for which it was originally written. It's pretty much a theoretical idea anyway.

ellis

RJF22553 likes this.
  17. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

QUOTE="locutus, post: 2161234, member: 38822"]If the so-called anti-defamation league would stop wasting all of their energy pushing Marxism-Leninism and start trying to defend their fellow Jews the whole country would be better off.[/QUOTE]

Leaders of a synagogue in NY City planned a firearms safety course. There was bad blowback and the class was cancelled. No doubt Jews in Israel are shaking their heads in disbelief.

https://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/uws-synagogues-plans-for-gun-class-appears-to-backfire/

Ghost1958 and locutus like this.
  18. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Manta, you just don't get it and I doubt you ever will so be quiet! The quote has nothing to do with civil politeness it's about beware this rattle snake bites or perhaps don't f**k with the bull or "Don't tread on me". I'm a cordial person but don't cross the line. Polite can be as simple as "mind your own bees-wax". I don't have a MAGA hat but if and when do don't be stupid be polite!

19. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I’m usually quiet but if you’re going to talk about my country... I do, want to, and am proud to live in this beautiful and free country. This post proves you have no idea what we’re talking about. You just don’t know.... Every post you make is just stirring crap, irrelevant, or ignorant. Go join a tea forum

20. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Diversity , which I define as celebrating differences instead of assimilation, isn't good but I don't think it is the main problem with society .
    The biggest problem is culture ; large portions of the " black community " treat aggression and violence as virtues . Violence is seen as necessary to survive as a child . Crime is excused for a lot of reasons . Problems are blamed on white racism , people accept determinism and " snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches " represents acceptance of the rule of terror .

locutus, primer1 and Caveman Jim like this.