Bear bites boy, bear tracked down and killed; happy ending

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Jul 18, 2011.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Wildlife officials kill bear that bit teen - CNN.com

From the article.

THIS is NOT the best way to handle a dangerous child-chewing predator, but it isn't all bad either.

Better alternatives: The bear should've been extinct outside of zoos. The bear should've never been out of a caged up or a fenced off reserve. The bear should've been blocked out of the campground area by a fence. The bear should've been pincushioned by half the bowhunters in the campground within minutes; they are in what the secessionists call "bear country" after all, be alert.

At least, it's dead now. Happy ending!

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Attached Files:

3. opaww

opaww New Member

Real life bears are not cuddly and should be avoided at all times

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

just to be the bear advocate here....

if the boy had bit the bear would the police have tracked him down and dispatched him?? just askin.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OMG here we go again.

Gello we all know you hate bears.

But, they were here first and have just as much right to the land as we do. So in ending let if go man.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

So were the Native American Indians and the dinosaurs; you wanna give your backyard back to them, fine. I don't support the misuse of OUR public lands for such foolishness. :)

If the kid had been seen biting a bear, he could've been cited and fined for harassing park wildlife.

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Gello, you're a poseur. I know you secretly love bears. Otherwise you'd have come up and killed a couple.

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I posted a picture for you in the photo thread.

Better alternatives: The bear should've been extinct outside of zoos. The bear should've never been out of a caged up or a fenced off reserve. The bear should've been blocked out of the campground area by a fence. The bear should've been pincushioned by half the bowhunters in the campground within minutes; they are in what the secessionists call "bear country" after all, be alert.

At least, it's dead now. Happy ending![/QUOTE]

There will be more bears in WI next year Orangello!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

if a bear comes tooling up in my backyard he is getting a 458 winmag thru the noggin. plenty of dumpsters at walmart :p

so any dead bears in walmart dumpsters i had nothing to do with it...

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You know, the way the title reads ... "Bear bites boy, bear tracked down and killed; happy ending" ... on could misconstrue some hanky panky going on :eek: :eek: :p :D

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Really poor prejudicial taste, 'Gello. :(

Clearly you're teddybear did something to you in the crib that is between you and you health care provider:cool:

A bear stepped over the line. That bear made a bad decision and was dealt with in a violent manner. Whether or not that was justified is not my call.

Bears were roaming the land FOREVAH before recorded history. The Bears deserve better.

'Gello, I am worried about this Terminator like obsession. It may come down to you versus the Polar Bears and I have to say, that is NOT COOL. :(

JD

12. orangello

orangello New Member

There may have been a soft-hearted nurse at the hospital, but it wasn't actually stated in the article.

1) I had Tiggers, except this one largish stuffed bear with maroon arms & legs. It was the first thing i ever shot with my Bear brand plastic bow & arrow set, seriously, on a stack of bibles. (bow was similar to http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows/youth/)

2) It can be your call at the voting box one day, and as a patriotic, human-loving American [patriotic music plays softly] you should vote "NO" to bear coddling and "YES" to safer campers and suburbanite grandma trail-walkers! [canons fire]

3) Dinosaurs (or prehistoric dwellers of a shallow inland sea) probably crapped in my back yard FOREVER ago; this doesn't mean they would be welcome in my yard or neighbordude's pond. Native American Indians probably lived or hunted in many of our back yards many years ago; should we all order a portapotty in case their decendants decide to come back for a visit? TOO BAD BEARS & SORRY NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN-TYPE PEOPLE, you frikkin lost your respective wars with time/evolution/technology/territorial competition. Stay out of people's yards. If you are a NAITP, enjoy whatever tribal lands you were forced onto or wherever you rent or own a domicile; don't blame/hate me because your ancestors were outnumbered, outgunned, and outnastied; most of my people weren't even here yet. If you are a bear, get your *** to a zoo, get you cubs to a preserve, or DIE. Otherwise, your time is coming.

4) How exactly does being here forever ago give you rights over your conquerers?

5) I wouldn't hold out much hope for the pasty bears either; you've seen how their strongest food competitor hunts their primary food; the pasty bears got out-gunned by clubs, LOL.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Oh, mygod. That is very funny. Great observation, JD. I believe this is probably true. :D :eek:

I think it's funny when the article stated the dogs followed a scent trail and found a "Bear matching the description of the bear in the attack". Don't they all kind of look the same?

14. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Sure, but this one had an eye patch, smelled of old English and carried an illegal switch blade.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Infidel, your day is near.

Attached Files:

16. mhlayne

mhlayne New Member

Lol very nice

17. fmj

fmj Active Member

Sorry but i happen to love these poor misunderstood ursines. Its not their fault they were raised in underprivaladged parts of the forest and must raid picinic baskets for survival!!

Rise up bears and be ONE!! Down with the man trying hold you down and cage you!!!!!

[​IMG]

18. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter