Bear 1 - Hunter 0; or is that -1... LOL

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Dillinger, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012...nded-elk-attacked-by-grizzly/?test=latestnews

Ha Ha hah ha hah.

So, you are an experienced bow hunter and your hit yourself a nice, big Idaho Elk.

But you didn't drop it, so you tracked it, further into the woods, without a firearm between you and your dumb ass partner, or even some bear spray.

Then you happen upon your kill only to find a grizzly bear has claimed it and then you are dumb enough to come up on it and get your ass kicked.

Congratulations sir, you deserve a Miller Lite.... :D

2. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

But but... Miller lite is for the professionals! :p

Attached Files:

3. tri70

tri70 New Member

1 more thing to add to the Don't F*** with list! :D

4. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Gello will have nightmares.

5. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

As real as it gets

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUG8UPsgE3U[/ame]

6. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

looks like his mountains are plenty blue...........GET THAT MAN A COORS LIGHT!!! :D

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Unfotunatly, I live in a state that does not allow bear spray, and does not allow hunters to carry a firearm during bow season\ or in archery only WMUs. Yet another reason to leave NY in the rear view mirror.

The only difference between my self and this idiot is.....

I would have let the bear have the elk! What a moron.

8. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Sorry, these guys did nothing wrong. Shot an elk, tracked it and unfortunately a bear had claim to it. It does not say they in any way challenged the bear, it saw them and attacked. Having not been there, I can't say but it's entirely possible the attack was so sudden that even if they were better armed, the result would have been the same. Now if it was me and it was legal to do so in their State, I would have been carrying a fire arm and or bear spray but I wouldn't call them total idiots. They are very lucky, however that the bear didn't press the attack any further.

9. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

they saw the bear tracks while they were "trackin" the elk. if they knew anything, then alarms, bells, and whistles shoulda been goin off about what was up ahead.

idk boutchu, but as the hair was settlin back down on my neck, me and the mouse in my pocket woulda been creepin like a ninja..............BACK the way i came!

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, I would have been whispering:"Yanno, we can

escape, while he's eating THE ELK!"...

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I think you missed the part of the story where they found the bear tracks and continued to go after the wounded elk, inspite of not having adequate protection against said bear.

Now if there is some story here about the wounded elk that could have lived, or it took months to die if the bear didn't eat it, well then the guy should have shot better. Period. He was a life time bow hunter, so he doesn't get the novice card on the shot.

The were tracking a bleeding Elk and came across fresh bear prints. I think most of us would have at least paused for a moment to reflect on the precious things in life and maybe flip a coin to see if that elk was going to be one of them before recklessly pursing game on bear territory. :p

JD

12. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

They must have been world class archers to hit a passive elk and not drop it. But have the gall to take an angry hungry bear with it.
    I may not believe in evolution but these guys certainly give Darwins ideas props.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I will just say this, they waited until the NEXT FREAKIN DAY to track down a bleeding elk, in a bear area? WTF? Come on people, the "five second rule" doesn't end outside the kitchen, and it doesn't extend to overnight. :rolleyes: Damn bear probably thinks we are all dumasses now.

Better judged by twelve than mauled by one.

14. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I missed the part where they waited a day *facepalm*
    you may not be to far off with the evil bears thing :eek:

Though my grandad always had a gun of some sort on him even bow hunting. Wether or not it was "legal"

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I also think that if you were judged harshly by the "twelve", the other inmates might step back a little when you mention that you are "in for" offing a freakin' grizzly bear illegally.

16. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Hahahaha very true. Well said.

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

then again, the BIGGEST, HAIRIEST MOFO that ever lived is prolly in there witchu, and just might not take to kindly thatchu killed one of his kin. JUST SAYIN! :eek:

18. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

And maybe they did just that, we don't know because we weren't there. It's very easy to say what we would do sitting here at our computers without knowing all the facts. did they make a mistake? Yup obviously but without actually knowing what was going on in their heads and the exact circumstances it's Monday night quarterbacking to me.

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Peter Pan opinions notwithstanding, if they escaped with only a bite,

I would say they're extremely lucky, inasmuch as the bear

obviously prefers dead elk to live humans...