BCI Defense

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by foot2400, Feb 19, 2015.

1. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Anyone from Northern Indiana or anyone else for that matter have one of BCI AR 15? What are your like or dislikes of there firearm? I bought one a few weeks ago and the overall quality seems very good. Its shoits very nice and on target. I like the gun alot. But I'm new to the AR seen so I don't no how they stand to all the others.

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Never heard of it.

3. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

I don't think there are to many out there. They are made in Bremen Indiana. I'm about 35 min from there and there is only one gun store around here that sales them. Okdonk you from indian?

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

No im in Vegas, Nevada

5. fsted2a

fsted2a Well-Known Member

If you bought it and you like it, that is the most important aspect. So many AR companies out there that you won't see a review on every one of them. I have never heard of BCI, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great gun. Learn as much as you can about the platform so that you can make informed decisions with regard to accessories in the event you develop full blown BRD (Black Rifle Disease). If you haven't already, I suggest you watch youtube vids on cleaning and assembly of your rifle so that you can do as much as possible on your own.

6. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Awesome, thanks for you help. And you hit the nail one the head with the BRD. Lol

7. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

A quick update. I was at the range today with my bci rifle and got threw 20 rounds then put the next mag in and got to about the 5th round pulled the trigger and click. So ejected that round inspected the bullet and it looked like a light strike on the primer. So I charged it and the next bullet went then click again. Ejected it and click so I did that a couple more times and nothing. So I pulled the bolt out and took the firing pin out and the tip was broke off. I have only put 200rd threw it. I called there CS and they were pretty awesome about it. They will be mailing out a new pin tomorrow. And they asked that I return the old on for research.

So far I'm upset that the rifle had a problem after so few of rounds. But I'm happy with the CS.

8. fsted2a

Every company has a dud on occasion. Customer service often separates the good from the bad.

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Speaking of BRD--

If you come to the point where you've decided that you always intend to keep an AR15 (or two, or seven) around...invest in an extra BCG. And not simply a repair kit, rebuild kit, or replacement bolt. Buy a complete spare BCG. It's essentially a brand new, portable, drop-in engine for your AR. And right now you can get a really good one for $80-120.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have heard of BCI since Im pretty close to Indiana. I dont believe they are anything special . They just buy parts and assemble them like most . No experience with them though .

11. gunrights

gunrights New Member

BCI Defense has been in business for quite a long time. But BCI Defense is the name of their fairly new gun manufacturing division. The main company is family owned and it is Bremen Castings. They are very well respected company in the manufacturing and casting world. I know several engineers that work or have worked for them in the past and they do things top-notch. Yes they are new to firearms but not to manufacture.

Last year I purchased one of their complete lowers and today I found out through a contest I entered I have won one of their stripped uppers receivers.

12. fsted2a

I've heard BCI a few times lately with regards to gun manufacturing, nothing negative. Not surprised. A lot of decent AR companies out there now. Many will not make it more than a few years, no matter how good they are, just the nature of the market. /

13. sigman84

sigman84 Well-Known Member

Good advice!

14. BCID

BCID New Member

Purehavoc, we are actually a manufacture not just an assembler. We machine our own lowers, uppers, charging handles, buffer tubes and rails. We do purchase some components as all gun manufactures do. We deal directly with other quality manufactures that have specialities in their field like Faxon barrels and ALG Defense triggers (Geissele). Hope this clears up any mis representation of BCID and our capabilities. Thank you!

15. BCID

BCID New Member

Bcid bcg

Foot2400, sorry to hear about your firing pin. We were extremely disappointed as well at the supplier at that time. We have since then switched mfg's to a superior BCG manufacturer with zero quality issues in the thousands we have sold. Thank you!

16. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

BCID

Same thing happened with he replacement pin also. But once again CS was awesome. At that time you guys just switched BCG. You guys had me mail my old one with broken pin then sent me a while new BCG. I can say from a customer point of view that you fixed the problem. I have put several rounds down range with the new BCG and not one problem. Great rifle and awesome people that stand behind it.

17. fsted2a

Any brand can have a hiccup on their products, but customer service can make the difference.-