Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my bcg unstuck in my last thread, I put it together and hand cycled the action a bunch of times with rounds in the mag. All worked well.
Now, at the range, I put five rounds in the mag, inserted it and put one round in battery. No problem there. Pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Pulled the mag and attempted to eject the round in the chamber and the bcg will not budge. I pulled with all my strength and nothing. What the hell is going on?
If anyone is reading this from my last thread, yes I put the firing pin in.馃槂
Yes, this is the same gun.
Any ideas?
Luckily I brought my .45 and 9mm so the trip isn鈥檛 wasted.
Thanks.

Registered
To remove the round from the chamber, 1. Make sure you are in a safe area to do this. 2. Using a solid table, work bench, tailgate, etc., stand the AR upright with the barrel in the air. Then hold the hand guard with one hand, and the charging handle with the other.
Slam the buttstock down hard on the table. work bench, tailgate,etc., while pulling downward on the charging handle, and you should be able to free the bcg & the stuck round.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To remove the round from the chamber, 1. Make sure you are in a safe area to do this. 2. Using a solid table, work bench, tailgate, etc., stand the AR upright with the barrel in the air. Then hold the hand guard with one hand, and the charging handle with the other.
Slam the buttstock down hard on the table. work bench, tailgate,etc., while pulling downward on the charging handle, and you should be able to free the bcg & the stuck round.
Thanks but the range gunsmith got it out. Now to figure out what happened.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but the range gunsmith got it out. Now to figure out what happened.
That slamming is what he did at first at the lane but it didn鈥檛 work so he took it in the back and who knows what he did. Made me nervous as hell because of the new coatings but it survived.
I would have returned to the lane to try it out but this place is packed today. I鈥檒l try again Thursday when I have to come down this way.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I got home I put loaded mag in and jacked a round in. Same thing happened, stuck that is, not misfired. No matter how hard I pull on the charging handle and hit the butt stock on the table, it doesn't come unstuck. So used a flat bladed screwdriver inserted in the ejection port opening at the area near the front of the bcg and lightly tapped it backwards with a hammer and it comes unstuck. I can then pull the charging handle and eject the round.
It will cycle as it should without a round in it but as soon as a round is chambered it freezes. Last night I did the same thing with a loaded mag and the rounds chambered and ejected just fine. What changed? Another question is: why didn't it fire today?

Registered
Hmmm, could be a number of things. Can you take a few pics of your BCG and the inside of your lower? It sounds like 2 things are happening here. First, the BCG keeps getting stuck repeatedly and Second, it cycles fine empty but with a loaded mag and a round chambered, it gets stuck again. I had a friend who recently built an AR10 and his BCG was stuck to hell, and we used a flathead in the ejection port in the opening infront of the BCG and pushed towards ourselves while pulling the CH and it freed it. BUT, yours is almost similar but without 鈥渙nce it chambers it gets stuck kinda thing鈥 so my guess is it could be the BCG or lower. But I have a feeling it could be the BCG. Something鈥檚 causing it to cease and not rotate to cycle back thus getting stuck when chambering which leads back to that it could be the BCG. And you said it changes, one day it cycles all live rounds no problems, next day back to square one. So again, it sounds like a BCG issue but without visual pics, kinda hard to tell.

If you could take a few pics of the BCG stripped, and one of the inside of the lower from the top, that might give us an idea of what we鈥檙e working with.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Find a buddy to swap out BCGs and see what happens.
Actually, I was pondering switching BCGs tomorrow and I do have a couple of extra ones (no yelling at me for not thinking of that sooner) in the safe but getting frustrated as I do throws my reasoning off.
Thanks for the responses. I鈥檒l post the result tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In your last thread you mentioned getting a ceracote job done. Did your gun shoot and cycle properly before you did that. Did they get ceracote in your chamber or lug recesses ? Can you easily chamber a round with the bolt carrier removed?
These are all brand new parts that were never assembled before. Today was the first time it was going to be fired. Yes, it chambers a round without the BCG.

Retired
Check head space.

Supporting Member
Harvey
First of all, if you can have the Head Space checked that would be great. But if not the following might help!
The reason is what I call "Frankenstein Guns" nothing wrong with them because if they work, they work. But I label them that due to various parts coming from different sources the tolerances can be a few thousands off and if they get together there is a problem.
But as suggested, I would try another BC Group. But before I did that, I would simply remove the Upper take the BC Group out and hold the upper up with the barrel pointed down and drop a round into the chamber and press on the rear of the round with your finger to see if it seats all the way in the Chamber. Then tip it up so the round falls out freely on its own. Also check to see that they did not get any ceracote in the chamber. IMO if the round goes all the way in and falls out something is causing a Bolt and Head Space issue with the Bolt. By changing that to the new BC Group it may solve your issue. I have seen it happen many times before. The Head Space tolerance on an AR is on the Bolt only!
Where the tolerances are off regarding the BCG and the Lower Receiver including the Trigger operating properly. So do the round check and then change that BCG. Let us know.
I am also assuming these are not reloads?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The BCG that is in the rifle is one of three made by United Defense that I bought from Delta Team Tactical. All three get stuck after a round is chambered.
I took the BCG out of my first AR-15 that I built six years ago and put it in the new one and it worked as it should. I then put one of the new BCGs in my old AR and the same problem occurred but slightly different.
Now to contact DTT and see if they will refund or replace with different manufactured BCGs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harvey
First of all, if you can have the Head Space checked that would be great. But if not the following might help!
The reason is what I call "Frankenstein Guns" nothing wrong with them because if they work, they work. But I label them that due to various parts coming from different sources the tolerances can be a few thousands off and if they get together there is a problem.
But as suggested, I would try another BC Group. But before I did that, I would simply remove the Upper take the BC Group out and hold the upper up with the barrel pointed down and drop a round into the chamber and press on the rear of the round with your finger to see if it seats all the way in the Chamber. Then tip it up so the round falls out freely on its own. Also check to see that they did not get any ceracote in the chamber. IMO if the round goes all the way in and falls out something is causing a Bolt and Head Space issue with the Bolt. By changing that to the new BC Group it may solve your issue. I have seen it happen many times before. The Head Space tolerance on an AR is on the Bolt only!
Where the tolerances are off regarding the BCG and the Lower Receiver including the Trigger operating properly. So do the round check and then change that BCG. Let us know.
I am also assuming these are not reloads?
My first AR-15 that I built was a much more Frankengun that the current on and it operated flawlessly. Guess I got lucky on that one. I have done the round ckeck and it works fine. Only the upper, lower and handguard were Cerakoted.

Supporting Member
Harvey
Yes, the BCG (The Bolt is "Obviously" the issue.
And once you explain to them what you stated in your previous post about trying one of them in your old rifle and it locked up. They should refund your money and get an RMA to send them back.
I have been involved with the AR-15 and M-4 Industry since 2001 and do not recall Delta Team Tactical, so today I did the reviews on them.
I checked the reviews for Delta Team Tactical "Not Good!"
TYPE In Delta Team Tactical Reviews
Sorry to see a whole Lot of One and Two ratings on the website I looked at, and only a very few fives.
Just for information. Sounds like you are far from the only one who has had issues with their product.

Here is one review on many
Anonymous
Reviewer
鈥淪CAMMERS. They take your money and completely ghost you after. I'm going on a month now and nothing. The only help they have to offer is some 3rd party service and I think they know nothing because nothing gets done. Nothing but excuses, sad. SCAMMERS not to be trusted. Should be ashamed to call yourself a business.鈥
This should be a WARNING to all members of the FTF! :mad:

Reactions: primer1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Harvey
Yes, the BCG (The Bolt is "Obviously" the issue.
And once you explain to them what you stated in your previous post about trying one of them in your old rifle and it locked up. They should refund your money and get an RMA to send them back.
I have been involved with the AR-15 and M-4 Industry since 2001 and do not recall Delta Team Tactical, so today I did the reviews on them.
I checked the reviews for Delta Team Tactical "Not Good!"
Delta Team Tactical Reviews
Sorry to see a whole Lot of One and Two ratings on the website I looked at, and only a very few fives.
Just for information. Sounds like you are far from the only one who has had issues with their product.

Well, that doesn鈥檛 bode well. I鈥檝e ordered from them before but never had to return anything. I鈥檝e already sent the RMA request so we鈥檒l see.

Supporting Member
Harvey

Wishing you the best and good luck my friend from what the reviews state.

I "despise" businesses that treat people like that. We would have fired anyone that treated people like that at the company. I was National Director of Law Enforcment & Govt. Sales and Training for a well-known AR-15/M-4 and Custom 1911 Manufacturer before I retired for the second time. And Customer Service was the most important thing when dealing with customers and people.
And the Delta Tactical Company doing that to customers is totally terrible and ridiculous. I hope it costs them dearly in time. Personally, if I was lucky enough to get a refund back from them that would be the last time, I purchased anything from them! Only my personal feelings, since I refuse to do business with people or companies like that. If it is a new company I have not heard of or known, I always check their reviews before buying.
So keep us informed.

MIKE. KLOSTERMAN
This one was another #1 Rating.
鈥淲ARNING : THIS COMPANY IS NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION IF THEY SHIP AT ALL THEY SEND THE PARTS THAT DON'T FIT TOGHER . IF YOU SEND IT BACK THEY LOSE IT AND WILL NOT REFUND..SCREW ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU SCREW ME TWICE SHAME ON ME. THEY NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONE SCREWED ME OUT OF $209.24

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Harvey

Wishing you the best and good luck my friend from what the reviews state.

I "despise" businesses that treat people like that. We would have fired anyone that treated people like that at the company. I was National Director of Law Enforcment & Govt. Sales and Training for a well-known AR-15/M-4 and Custom 1911 Manufacturer before I retired for the second time. And Customer Service was the most important thing when dealing with customers and people.
And the Delta Tactical Company doing that to customers is totally terrible and ridiculous. I hope it costs them dearly in time. Personally, if I was lucky enough to get a refund back from them that would be the last time, I purchased anything from them! Only my personal feelings, since I refuse to do business with people or companies like that. If it is a new company I have not heard of or known, I always check their reviews before buying.
So keep us informed.

MIKE. KLOSTERMAN
This one was another #1 Rating.
鈥淲ARNING : THIS COMPANY IS NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION IF THEY SHIP AT ALL THEY SEND THE PARTS THAT DON'T FIT TOGHER . IF YOU SEND IT BACK THEY LOSE IT AND WILL NOT REFUND..SCREW ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU SCREW ME TWICE SHAME ON ME. THEY NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONE SCREWED ME OUT OF $209.24

Thanks, 03, I think. As I said earlier, we鈥檒l see. Might as well get another one ordered. I signed up with some wholesalers but a lot of their stuff isn鈥檛 exactly lower than some retailers.
Off topic: How do I pull up my previous posts?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts