BBQ fanatics, what's your favorite recipe?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ellwood45c, May 21, 2012.

1. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Hi folks, I love to BBQ and smoke beef, pork, chicken, fish, I’ve even done gator. I've been cooking whole hogs for about 10 years or more and really enjoy it. Once a year I have a big party, get all the grills I can and smokers everybody brings their favorite cut and we cook all day long and all night. Last year we had 132 people and actually invited people who were driving by to stop in. So what’s your favorite recipe for the BBQ or smoker? Here are some pictures from last year of me.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Looks dang good, nothing like some good Q!

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

SLOWWWWWWWWW...COOKING..or..SMOKING.......

5. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Santa Maria tri-tip
    Dry rub ( wild fire, mild fire, pappys are all good)
    High heat to sear it then low & slow, Fat side up.

6. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i like meat any kind of meat cooked on the grill:D

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I make my own bbq sauce from scratch, i dont rate my own but my wife and family all say that its better than head country sauce. I love grilling steaks, boneless chops, chicken breast. Grilled Lemon pepper chicken breast is one of my favorites. If you like dry seasonings,try Webers seasonings. They have some good ones. I use their "kickin chicken" "steak n chops" and "lemon pepper" seasonings the most

8. kytowboater

I like Webers stuff. I use the beer can chicken and lemon pepper. Never seen the steak an chops. I have Emerals essentials seasoning, great on burgers. Tony's Cajun seasoning is amazing.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

This is my Bar-B-Que gun, does it count? ;)

[​IMG]

10. kytowboater

I'd think so.

11. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Love those grips cane. Where'd you get them?

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I will have to try the Tony's, the steak and chops seasoning is great on everything

13. kytowboater

Like the Franks Redhot commercial with Tony's, I put that chit in everything.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I get my snake hide grips from Mel at Dog Grips.

Dog Grips

That Defender on his home page is mine. Mel makes some great leather covered 1911 grips.

They don't wear-out, they wear-in, like your favorite blue jeans.

[​IMG]

I found them a tad thick. My first set on the Defender, ^ prairie rattler, turned out bigger than I liked so I worked with Mel and had him make a set of thins.

[​IMG]

I had the Defender's receiver refinished in electroless nickel boron nitride and Mel found a timber (canebrake) rattler hide with colors to match my refinished Defender. Canebrake was born!

15. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Cane your welcome at my BBQ anytime. Thepics of me is me apple wood smoking a wild boar from texas. Went to my cousins place around weatherford, him and several others lease 250 acres that they hunt. Took the boar with a marlin lever action 44 mag one shot 53 yards down and out. I cook everything slow and with as much smoke as i can. I use apple, cherry, and hickory. I try any kind of rub or sauce i can fet my hands on, variety is the spice of life. This fall me and a budy are going to do the first deer we harvest, abd have a gathering. I cant wait

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

16. kytowboater

Sounds like a great time!

17. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Whether it is a pork shoulder or ribs, I like a good spicy rub. I mix Kosher salt, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and brown sugar and pulse in the food processor to get it all mixed up.

I'm not having good luck with briskets, but can make some mean pork. Now meat is getting too expensive to experiment with. I like to brine chicken in a secret mix of salt, sugar and seasoning and grill that, it is always a crowd pleaser.

18. elmerfudge

elmerfudge New Member

OK, You Win

Those are just BAD ***. Makes the Talon Grips on my G26 look just pitiful. :(

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am in love with this gun. I'm going to make it down to Cane's some day and when he opens the gun safe to show me his guns I'm going to knock him out of the way and hug that BBQ gun.

Ellwood, you got me firing up my grill right now. Chops and chicken are going on it. I make a little extra so I can have left overs for a few days.

Can you all smell the grill? I can. :D

20. steve666

steve666 New Member

Oven-Barbecued Chicken
    Ingredients:

• 2½ to 3 lbs chicken breast halves
    • ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
    • ¾ cup bottled chili sauce
    • 2 tablespoons honey
    • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
    • ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
    • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper

Directions:
    1. Skin chicken. Arrange chicken, bone side up, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375o oven for 25 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender but not brown. Stir in chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, mustard, horseradish, and crushed red pepper; heat through.
    3. Turn chicken bone side down. Brush half of the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170o for breasts). Reheat remaining sauce; pass with the chicken. Makes 6 servings.