Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Hi folks, I love to BBQ and smoke beef, pork, chicken, fish, I’ve even done gator. I've been cooking whole hogs for about 10 years or more and really enjoy it. Once a year I have a big party, get all the grills I can and smokers everybody brings their favorite cut and we cook all day long and all night. Last year we had 132 people and actually invited people who were driving by to stop in. So what’s your favorite recipe for the BBQ or smoker? Here are some pictures from last year of me.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Joined
·
34,285 Posts
Man, that looks GOOD!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,202 Posts
Looks dang good, nothing like some good Q!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Santa Maria tri-tip
Dry rub ( wild fire, mild fire, pappys are all good)
High heat to sear it then low & slow, Fat side up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,412 Posts
I make my own bbq sauce from scratch, i dont rate my own but my wife and family all say that its better than head country sauce. I love grilling steaks, boneless chops, chicken breast. Grilled Lemon pepper chicken breast is one of my favorites. If you like dry seasonings,try Webers seasonings. They have some good ones. I use their "kickin chicken" "steak n chops" and "lemon pepper" seasonings the most
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,202 Posts
MrWray said:
I make my own bbq sauce from scratch, i dont rate my own but my wife and family all say that its better than head country sauce. I love grilling steaks, boneless chops, chicken breast. Grilled Lemon pepper chicken breast is one of my favorites. If you like dry seasonings,try Webers seasonings. They have some good ones. I use their "kickin chicken" "steak n chops" and "lemon pepper" seasonings the most
I like Webers stuff. I use the beer can chicken and lemon pepper. Never seen the steak an chops. I have Emerals essentials seasoning, great on burgers. Tony's Cajun seasoning is amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,822 Posts
This is my Bar-B-Que gun, does it count? ;)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,202 Posts
canebrake said:
This is my Bar-B-Que gun, does it count? ;)
I'd think so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,412 Posts
kytowboater said:
I like Webers stuff. I use the beer can chicken and lemon pepper. Never seen the steak an chops. I have Emerals essentials seasoning, great on burgers. Tony's Cajun seasoning is amazing.
I will have to try the Tony's, the steak and chops seasoning is great on everything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,202 Posts
MrWray said:
I will have to try the Tony's, the steak and chops seasoning is great on everything
Like the Franks Redhot commercial with Tony's, I put that chit in everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,822 Posts
Love those grips cane. Where'd you get them?
I get my snake hide grips from Mel at Dog Grips.

Dog Grips

That Defender on his home page is mine. Mel makes some great leather covered 1911 grips.

They don't wear-out, they wear-in, like your favorite blue jeans.



I found them a tad thick. My first set on the Defender, ^ prairie rattler, turned out bigger than I liked so I worked with Mel and had him make a set of thins.



I had the Defender's receiver refinished in electroless nickel boron nitride and Mel found a timber (canebrake) rattler hide with colors to match my refinished Defender. Canebrake was born!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cane your welcome at my BBQ anytime. Thepics of me is me apple wood smoking a wild boar from texas. Went to my cousins place around weatherford, him and several others lease 250 acres that they hunt. Took the boar with a marlin lever action 44 mag one shot 53 yards down and out. I cook everything slow and with as much smoke as i can. I use apple, cherry, and hickory. I try any kind of rub or sauce i can fet my hands on, variety is the spice of life. This fall me and a budy are going to do the first deer we harvest, abd have a gathering. I cant wait

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,202 Posts
ellwood45c said:
Cane your welcome at my BBQ anytime. Thepics of me is me apple wood smoking a wild boar from texas. Went to my cousins place around weatherford, him and several others lease 250 acres that they hunt. Took the boar with a marlin lever action 44 mag one shot 53 yards down and out. I cook everything slow and with as much smoke as i can. I use apple, cherry, and hickory. I try any kind of rub or sauce i can fet my hands on, variety is the spice of life. This fall me and a budy are going to do the first deer we harvest, abd have a gathering. I cant wait

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
Sounds like a great time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Whether it is a pork shoulder or ribs, I like a good spicy rub. I mix Kosher salt, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and brown sugar and pulse in the food processor to get it all mixed up.

I'm not having good luck with briskets, but can make some mean pork. Now meat is getting too expensive to experiment with. I like to brine chicken in a secret mix of salt, sugar and seasoning and grill that, it is always a crowd pleaser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
OK, You Win

Those are just BAD ***. Makes the Talon Grips on my G26 look just pitiful. :(

I get my snake hide grips from Mel at Dog Grips.

Dog Grips

That Defender on his home page is mine. Mel makes some great leather covered 1911 grips.

They don't wear-out, they wear-in, like your favorite blue jeans.



I found them a tad thick. My first set on the Defender, ^ prairie rattler, turned out bigger than I liked so I worked with Mel and had him make a set of thins.



I had the Defender's receiver refinished in electroless nickel boron nitride and Mel found a timber (canebrake) rattler hide with colors to match my refinished Defender. Canebrake was born!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
34,285 Posts
This is my Bar-B-Que gun, does it count? ;)

I get my snake hide grips from Mel at Dog Grips.

Dog Grips

That Defender on his home page is mine. Mel makes some great leather covered 1911 grips.





I had the Defender's receiver refinished in electroless nickel boron nitride and Mel found a timber (canebrake) rattler hide with colors to match my refinished Defender. Canebrake was born!
I am in love with this gun. I'm going to make it down to Cane's some day and when he opens the gun safe to show me his guns I'm going to knock him out of the way and hug that BBQ gun.

Cane your welcome at my BBQ anytime. Thepics of me is me apple wood smoking a wild boar from texas. Went to my cousins place around weatherford, him and several others lease 250 acres that they hunt. Took the boar with a marlin lever action 44 mag one shot 53 yards down and out. I cook everything slow and with as much smoke as i can. I use apple, cherry, and hickory. I try any kind of rub or sauce i can fet my hands on, variety is the spice of life. This fall me and a budy are going to do the first deer we harvest, abd have a gathering. I cant wait
Ellwood, you got me firing up my grill right now. Chops and chicken are going on it. I make a little extra so I can have left overs for a few days.

Can you all smell the grill? I can. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Oven-Barbecued Chicken
Ingredients:

• 2½ to 3 lbs chicken breast halves
• ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon cooking oil
• ¾ cup bottled chili sauce
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
• ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper

Directions:
1. Skin chicken. Arrange chicken, bone side up, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375o oven for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender but not brown. Stir in chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, mustard, horseradish, and crushed red pepper; heat through.
3. Turn chicken bone side down. Brush half of the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170o for breasts). Reheat remaining sauce; pass with the chicken. Makes 6 servings.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top