BB Guns

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by px4storm, Feb 21, 2013.

1. px4storm

px4storm New Member

Just wondering if you can still buy bb's for BB guns? Everyone is looking for other calibers, but nothing mentioned on BB's. I have not looked lately.

2. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Lots of BB's out there. I shoot my BB gun (hand & rifle) out back of my house all the time. I live on the marsh in Charleston, SC.

3. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

I was thinking about picking up a high powered .22 cal pellet gun myself but for a nice one you could buy a 22LR rifle.. But you can shoot the pellet gun in your back yard.. Idk

4. px4storm

px4storm New Member

I like the 9mm. But I was just asking about BB guns,

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

bb guns certainly have their place. Heck at least you can still get ammo for them. And some of them for a little over $100 are pushing 22lr velicities.

6. string1946

string1946 New Member

BB gun

I haven't owned a BB gun since I was a kid but I do have a Webley Tempest pellet pistol that I shoot in the basement almost every day. I have a fairly large cardboard box (I think a ceiling fan came in it) that is full of styrofoam and I just tape a target to it and shoot away. I have been thinking about a high power pellet rifle and was reading a magazine article about a Gamo Silent Stalker and it sounds interesting for around $250 including a 3 X 9 scope.

7. Hunterdan

Hunterdan New Member

I have a co2 powered BB pistol and a high powered pellet rifle in 177. I bought them to plink with out in my yard but they are too loud. The pistol because its co2 and the rifle because its spring piston and shoots 1000+ fps. Thinking about selling the rifle to buy a new rifle that shoots around 950 fps in 20-22 caliber and is nitro piston. I also use them to keep critters out of the attic. Anything 750+ fps is good for squirrels and 500+ fps is good for rats.

8. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

My in laws live on Johns Island on a tidal creek. And it's a very sparsely populated area. Makes for a great place to just fall off the grid.

I have a .177 pellet gun that shoot up to 1200fps. That's how I alleviated myself and a few neighbors of a rabbit population problem over the last few years. It kills just as good as a .22 with about 1/6th the noise.

9. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

i am 55 and still have my child hood airguns to include but not limited to:
    daisy red ryder
    daisy 1898 lever action
    powerline .22 co2 pellet pistol
    slavia .22 break barrel pellet rifle
    s&w m78g .22 co2 pistol (my favorite)

10. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I had one as a kid, but now they don't appeal to me. I use aguila .22 colibris instead of pellet guns, now. I have seen some new ones in .22, .25, and .357 that can supposedly take down game up to hogs, but they cost about as much as a reasonable rifle.

11. longunner

longunner New Member

I have a break barrel .177 pellet gun and man it shoots dead eye d!ck every time. My primary squirrel gun :cool:

12. gunlinn

gunlinn New Member

Still have the daisy powerline 880 from back in the day bb and pellet, and newly upgraded to gamo whisper deluxe.. Quite a difference in the two,but both are still fun. The gamo is pretty impressive

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

There was a time in America when we were a free people. There was a time when a boy a dog and a Red Ryder BB gun were not considered a threat to society.:)

Attached Files:

14. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

15. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Webley tempest getting really collectable especially with original box and ergonomic grip. Keep hold of that one if it's in good condition

16. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

My first ever pellet gun, even fired darts and corks; -D

Harrington-Gat-A47474.jpg

17. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I haven't bought BB's in about 3 years,but If I remember right the container was about $6 for the 4,000 count Daisy ones.I still have 3/4 of that container now,saving them for my kids.

18. px4storm

px4storm New Member

I wonder how much damage bb's would do to a zombie?

19. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Not enough :D

20. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Still have and shoot my red Ryder almost everyday, I also picked up a gamo varmint hunter hp, its 1400 fps with pba ammo, and is good for squirrels, rabbits, and opossum and raccoons, it is pretty accurate, we live on 200 acres in the country so I can shoot anything I own off my porch, but will ammo scarcely available and the price these keep me in practice, and they are fun to shoot!

ForumRunner_20130226_211717.jpg

ForumRunner_20130226_211733.jpg

ForumRunner_20130226_211749.jpg