Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought it at a yard sale for $50 and i was wondering if anyone new anything about the company and its history. Its a single shot 16ga. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have seen those, but I don't know the history behind them. Can't argue with 50 for a single barrel! Do you have any pics you could post up?

·
Registered
89 Posts
theres a cross chart... on numrich website, that tells what company built for a mail order house.

my pop's old westernfield , he bought it at montgomery wards back in the 50's ? its built by savage/stevens , the model 94.

they made zillions of them, single barrels, i have several old 16ga's... love em. you can buy them cheap.

just bought a eastern arms 16ga today. 50 bucks and change, 30 inch full choke.
2 3/4 chamber.[its also a stevens] .........''i like the old stevens''

sears sold them, wards, ben franklins, all them old stores sold shotguns under their own name brand.

peabody

·
Registered
89 Posts
i bought it at a yard sale for $50 and i was wondering if anyone new anything about the company and its history. Its a single shot 16ga. Any help is greatly appreciated

2 3/4 chamber ?

stick with the 16....

they carry like a 20, but hit like a 12.

you will absoultly love the 16ga.

peabody

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
HOw about some pics?

·
Registered
264 Posts
/

H & R used the Bay State name on some guns. The original Bay State Arms Company closed in 1902 so I think yours was made by H & R. I doubt that their customer service can give you any information on older guns since Remington bought them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts