Bay State 16ga?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by mossberg kid, May 27, 2008.

1. mossberg kid

mossberg kid New Member

i bought it at a yard sale for $50 and i was wondering if anyone new anything about the company and its history. Its a single shot 16ga. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

I have seen those, but I don't know the history behind them. Can't argue with 50 for a single barrel! Do you have any pics you could post up?

3. peabody

peabody New Member

theres a cross chart... on numrich website, that tells what company built for a mail order house.

my pop's old westernfield , he bought it at montgomery wards back in the 50's ? its built by savage/stevens , the model 94.

they made zillions of them, single barrels, i have several old 16ga's... love em. you can buy them cheap.

just bought a eastern arms 16ga today. 50 bucks and change, 30 inch full choke.
    2 3/4 chamber.[its also a stevens] .........''i like the old stevens''

sears sold them, wards, ben franklins, all them old stores sold shotguns under their own name brand.

peabody

4. peabody

peabody New Member

heck ? i just now seen it.... theres a cross chart at the top of this page.
    but ? no bay state ?

peabody

5. peabody

peabody New Member

2 3/4 chamber ?

stick with the 16....

they carry like a 20, but hit like a 12.

you will absoultly love the 16ga.

peabody

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

HOw about some pics?

7. peabody

peabody New Member

ya !!! pictures !!!

8. Walley

Walley New Member

/

H & R used the Bay State name on some guns. The original Bay State Arms Company closed in 1902 so I think yours was made by H & R. I doubt that their customer service can give you any information on older guns since Remington bought them out.