Batton down the hatches boys and girls.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by willshoum, Oct 26, 2012.

1. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Will this lil filly Sandy affect your life in the near future. They have already nicknamed her Frankenstorm.......Hey cane where you at.......Good luck and be safe.......

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

3. rurak

rurak New Member

Im in Massachusetts right on the coast, they said Irene was going to be terrible last year. We had a light rain and a little breeze. They want you to panic

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  4. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I'm right of the Chesapeake and it just started pouring out of nowhere. I'm used to driving in rain but its bad enough I don't wanna drive to work.

5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

They're freaking our in Maine. I just laugh.

I've been through a hurricane in Hawaii, and 8 or 9 in my 15 years in South Carolina.

Here's a tip. For free...

Don't live your life on government handouts, and think of yourself as so frigging awesome and special to think that nature really gives a **** about your needs or desires.... If a storm the size of your state is coming and you have like 5 days to evacuate, Shut the **** up, and leave. I don't wanna hear crying, I don't wanna hear moaning, you can start walking today and be in safety by the time the storm hits.

If you live in a city, 3 feet below sea level, don't cry when 'da gubment' can't save your ass from your own stupidity.

6. willshoum

willshoum New Member

This went over like a pharte in the wind.......Runnnnnnn.....Whussys.......:eek: lol besafe my friends........:)

7. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Well, for a change, Sandy missed us here in SE Florida. We did get some heavy rain and winds up to 50+ MPH, did some beach damage and limited flooding. Hopefully the people in its path are prepared.

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Gentle rain here right now. It's annoying because I can't do the outdoor stuff I want to do. Looks like whatever's left of Sandy will pay me a visit Wednesday and Thursday. Not too worried, though. Plenty of supplies, lots of gas for the genny, several cords of wood under tarps, vehicles are gassed up just in case.

For those of you who may actually get hit with hurricane-force winds and rain, stay safe and don't be shy about bugging out if it's the smart thing to do.

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

....good advice...there's always that small percentage..

Attached Files:

10. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I live in Central NY and thats the direct path of this thing from what they are showing. Add to that that I live less than a 1/4 mile from Windmills on the top of a large ridge and Im a bit nervous but mostly prepared as I need to be. My house is 180+ years old and there is a reason its still standing today, its big and heavy and built to withstand time and Mother Nature.

Guns and Ammo, Check
    Beer, JD and Munchies, Check
    Water, check
    Food, Check,
    Generator, Check
    Chainsaw, Check
    Fuel, Check
    Beer, JD and Munchies, Check

Better check the Beer, JD and Munchies again. Luckily, where I live, were as near to off the grid as you can get so were pretty prepared come what may. I pray all of you out there fare the storm unscathed and safe!

11. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Anybody on the east coast planning to do any long range shooting the next couple of days? What size groups are you expecting?

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Arent you the funny one! The Geese have been flying back north for 3 days, whats that tell you? I dont think the next few days are gonna be prime sniper weather! Lets see, 60 mph wind gusting to 80 in less than 2 seconds, 22 clicks left, 14 up, 5 down, 6 right, oh forget it, give me a shotgun....

13. levelcross

levelcross New Member

We are getting a lot of wind and calling for some light rain driven by 30-45MPH winds. Hope that everyone on the coast stays safe even if that means bugging out. The news is showing some ruff tidal surges on the outer banks of NC.

Generator tested and full of fuel
    Liquor cabinet well stocked
    Truck full of fuel
    Plenty of wood
    Gas for grill
    Water
    might need to get some more rum it is getting windy :cool::p

14. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Here on Long Island I'll be just shooting blanks and spending a lot of time on the porcelain throne. Flooding, winds and power failures is much to look forward to.

15. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

?:confused:?

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

.facebook_-296600256.jpg

While everyone scurries for cover in the wake of Sandy, these guys will keep watch over the tomb of the unknown soldier. Just one more thing to think about that our troops do for us, the people of the world and tradition. Salute to you and all veterans.

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

The center of the storm will either hit my house or miss me by less than 20 miles.

Yay!

Don't worry about me though, I've got a floating cooler and plenty of booze in case things get real bad. :D

18. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Need to get water... Need to prepare to loot!!! :-D

19. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Dang it! I always forget the important stuff. Can someone please tell me what the popular shoe is today so that I don't pass over some Nike's worth more than my car and bring home some worthless Puma's.

Wait... Why do you need water? It's pouring outside! You need buckets, you have water. :)

20. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'm on well water. If electricity goes out I have no water. I don't drink our water anyways, too much iron