Battlecomp muzzle brake

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Rob76, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Rob76

Rob76 New Member

Any one have an opinion on whether the battlecomp 1.0 or 2.0 muzzle breaks are worth their $130-140 price tag? Any cheaper alternative that work just as well but not as hyped? Rather spend the $$ on ammo.

2. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Never used a battlecomp, but heard good things. I've got a Troy Medieval Muzzle brake/comp on mine. Noticeable difference. 45$. Also look at the Middle Comp. I believe it's affordable as well and does one heck of a job. Honestly, I realize there's not much recoil at all anyways, but with the weight of my weapon light out on the front of my rail my muzzle doesn't move. At all. The light weight made the biggest difference. It's not really heavy at all though. An AR is so light to begin with, and I can afford the weight, it instantly made quick acquisition shots and double and triple taps way better. Try different things.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I had one on one of my builds. (IIRC )
    I know I was in that price range anyway. It was an extremely nasty looking break that could double as a bayonet (almost).
    The thing worked extremely well. No muzzle rise and the gun damn near recoiled forward. You could dump a mag and stay on target No problem.

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

[quote=Rob76;1456385duplicate

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  5. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

No it is not worth the price tag. The muzzle rise in a normally balanced semiauto AR is limited in the first place. And any workable comp is just a tall nut with one sided cutouts. The rest is marketing voodoo.

Don't look to the military. The comps will keep down the muzzle rise in full auto bursts. For us civilians, the real difference a comp makes is busting your ears sooner.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I have a battlecomp its a nice jack of all trades.
    Does good braking
    Does good muzzle compensation
    Does good flash compensation.
    Is only moderately loud and blasty compared to other brakes.

I prefer the surefire mb556k for better braking and compensation, but its a loud b!tch.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

For an AR? In 5.56? Do they have any recoil to "brake"?

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Its not really about recoil reduction....Its all about keeping shots on target during rapid fire strings. Brakes and comps can help you keep all your shots on target at 50 or 100 yards.

If you are into slow aimed shots then comps won't really help you much.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  9. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

The deal of the century was Rainier XTC comp at twenty five bucks last week, in combination with an H1 buffer there is virtually no muzzle movement on repeat shots.

10. Rob76

Rob76 New Member

I'll have to check some if those out thanks. Last part I need other than sights do I'll be buying one soon.

11. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Griffin Armament are similar.

[ame="http://youtu.be/U3g3otebce4"]http://youtu.be/U3g3otebce4[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  12. Rob76

Rob76 New Member

Those Griffins look nice plus they are about $40 cheaper!

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member