Battle of the Late Eateries.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Nov 1, 2010.

1. McDonalds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Burger King

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Jack in the box

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. White Castle

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Whataburger

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Taco Bell

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  7. IHOP

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Waffle House

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. In and Out Burger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What was your go to spot for food after a long night parting?

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

About twelve Jack-in-the-Box tacos drunk at 2:00 in the morning.

And that was just last night!

3. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Tacos - Two for 99 cents at Junk In The Trunk.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I was more of a Waffle House patron, but i don't eat in much since the fascists have made it illegal to smoke inside any restaurant in town. I hear Hitler was big on anti-smoking campaigns too. Now i just drive thru at the Bell & such.

I no longer smoke tobacco.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I picked "Other", nowadays it is at home and late night munchies is firing the grill up and cooking burgers, dogs or brats! :D

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What about Del Taco and El Pollo Loco? :D

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I grew up in Philly...late night snack was always the aforementioned cheesesteak wit...

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Denny's is always open, that was the place to go after "last call". Don't recall how many times I had to drive there and buy the designated driver an order of "Moons over my hammy" and get enough grease in him to sober his azz up enough to drive us all home. Never trust a designated driver!

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Back in my drinking days, there was nothing like a grease dripping chili cheese omelet to fix what ailed me. :p

Nowadays, I don't drink and chili cheese omelets don't like me anymore. :eek:

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

IHOP. There's just something about pancakes at 1am.

12. russ

russ New Member

Depends on how the night of drinking ended. If everyone is upright and mobile, then Denny's or VI (Village Inn) for some sitdown food. If not, the Wienerschnitzel for chili cheese dogs and chili cheese fries. That'll cure ya' or kill ya'. However nowadays that stuff kicks my @$$ almost as bad as the drinking does. [​IMG]

13. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I can't drink a whole bunch and then go eat any type of food anymore just getting to old I suppose :D

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Lately, it has been at home and if the wife is the designated driver. Too many check points to play the drink and drive game in Albuquerque.

15. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Other...

The classic option for many Aussies after a late-night drinking session is the kebab.. I don't know if you guys have them over in the US so here's a run-down of what they are HERE.

You can't beat chicken,cheese, black olives and sweet-chilli sauce toasted until all the cheese melts... God I'm hungry now! :eek:

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool. I like Gyros. :cool:

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Back in those days, if near the hot spots a gyro stand was always the way to go. If out at the local bar, then Denny's (props to Gordo) and a skillet was the ticket. Once in a while, some local diner or a run for the border was in order. Even then, White Castle was a no-no. :eek:

In college, it was Spot's Deli. You had to get them 'to go' but we would sit and eat. By the time we were done eating, they would get tired of trying to kick us out. Good times.

I don't go out drinking anymore and haven't for many years. I stay in and raid the peanut butter jar instead. :D

18. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

In these kind of polls, I'm sure local place don't really count.

However, when in Austin, in the weeeeee hours of the morning, and you're hungry Magnolia Cafe is the place to go. Their whole menu is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you want a nice hot plate of enchiladas and black beans at 3:00 AM, you got it. Or if you have a hankering for a big stack of blueberry pancakes at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, then go for it. Magnolia Cafe | Everybody Knows - Everybody Goes

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You got that right, Troy. Magnolia Cafe is awesome.....featured on Triple D, too!

20. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

D w i checkpoints

Bigcountry02 you got that right,the DWI checkpoints are every fri. and sat. night. They even started on thursday nights also.