BATFE Approved Simulated Automatic Fire AR-15??

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by canebrake, Mar 29, 2011.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Attached Files:

2. jhog

jhog New Member

That is just toooo freaky cooolll! I gotta get me one!

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am amazed quite frankly. How can this possibly be legal in use? I can see how the ATF would rule that the part itself is not a controlled item like an auto sear, as it requires constant user interface to make it run, but how can running that possibly be legal??

It's one hell of a cool idea though. $369 to take the risk of getting a visit from the BATFE though??

I just don't know about that....

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Nice to see a review from someone other than the manufacturer. So if the BATFE declares these illegal in a couple years, do they also get the sales records? Will I get a knock on my door?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

this cant be good for the gun community. i am predicting some gang goblin or mass murdering scum bag is gonna use one and at that point all hell is gonna break loose on law abiding gun owners. i can already see the headlines now.

6. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Nice to see the letter, Thanks
    I dont think I will shell out the $370, But I would imagine they will sell plenty.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is something I was wondering as well. While I wouldn't hesitiate to drop the coin for SHTF purposes, I don't want to find a friendly, local BATFE agent at my door in a year or two with a subpoena to search my entire house and take what they feel fit. :eek:

The one write up claims they have already sold thousands. We have thousands of members ( at various times ) anyone know anyone, directly, that can prove they have one and that it's A-ok? Pictures would be a plus. :cool:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Manufactured in "Bump Fire"! And BATF says it is OK!! :eek:

What ever happend to not being able to modify any firearm to be fully automatic?

I have serious reservations about this.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I was thinking about doing something along those lines, because to have one would be cool in the event of ever needing it, but damn man. :eek:

1) Sending money across state lines
    2) Under an assumed name
    3) In an attempt to acquire a product
    4) That will be shipped back across state lines
    5) To be installed and convert a non NFA weapon into, basically, an NFA weapon.

Racketeering, much?? :eek::eek:

11. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

There's a vacant house down the way that has been receiving packages in the name of Mr. Jack Schitt for a few years now. ;)

12. orangello

orangello New Member

1)Don't use USPS or USPS money orders.
    2)My cat has a real name and may need me to help him order things
    3)Talk to the cat, it's his "product"
    4)Not by USPS & not to me
    5)Not according to current BATF definitions.

Heck, who hasn't bent the occaisional silly rule in pursuit of fun. :D

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'll pass on this one.

Can you say "Project Gunrunner," another BATFE "set-up"?

I'm stayin' way down here, well below the radar!

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks for the links, Cane! I think I'll pass, too... :p

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Ask Sabre Defence how that worked for them when the BATF came knocking! :eek:

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

SPOILER:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It did NOT work out well for them, AT ALL. :eek:

18. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Technically it is not full auto per the NFA it is just very fast semi-auto. Not saying some gungrabber won't pass a law to ban its use I just don't see how the BATFE would have a case unless they reword the law to add a minimum time lapse between trigger pulls to keep a gun semi-auto.

If and when the SHTF I seriously doubt anyone here will rely on gimmicks to achieve maximum firepower.

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

You said it perfectly, gimmick.

Its nothing more than a gimmick. Firearms are serious matters and should be treated so. Things like this do nothing positive for our sport.

20. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Let me stress that I am NOT suggesting any vendor violate rules and become a target to make a few quick sales. In fact I would recommend that if a vendor thinks this product might in the future become a problem for their business that they avoid it.