Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Why does the ATF even exist??? Shouldn't tobacco and alcohol be under the FDA? All they do is go after guns whether the charges are real or trumped up. I never see them "keeping us safe" from poisoned cigs or booze.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Does anyone have another link to this. My browser is freaking out and displaying a report from Google that this site contains malware and trojans

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Does anyone have another link to this. My browser is freaking out and displaying a report from Google that this site contains malware and trojans
Same here, I aint clicking further than that out of caution.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Great, more crud in my computer! It barely runs now!

I read the whole story, and sounds like an agency who needs a leader. They have had no director for some time.

I am available, know guns, but I want nights and weekends off. lol

That agency, mainly deals with making sure the alcohol and tobacco taxes are collected properly, and the booze is not watered down. Guns, is third on their list of duties for a reason.

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
The BATF is the results of the LBJ 1968 Gun Laws. The old Alcohol Control Cops were formed to make jobs during the Great Depression. By 1968 the out dated criminal scandal ridden federal force was up for closure.
LBJ and the Liberal Dems rammed thru the 1968 Safe Streets Acts. LBJ then salvaged the old Alcohol cops to enforce his new gun laws. He formed the BATF. :eek:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
The BATF is the results of the LBJ 1968 Gun Laws. The old Alcohol Control Cops were formed to make jobs during the Great Depression. By 1968 the out dated criminal scandal ridden federal force was up for closure.
LBJ and the Liberal Dems rammed thru the 1968 Safe Streets Acts. LBJ then salvaged the old Alcohol cops to enforce his new gun laws. He formed the BATF. :eek:
Funny, Kennedy wanted to gut gov police, cut it deep, and Johnson expanded everything, including the war.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Ya mean them BATFags is "revanooers?":p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts