Bat in the house.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PaBushMan, Nov 30, 2019.

1. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

We have some entertainment lol. i tried to catch it with a net. . No luck yet. The cats even gave up on it It's hiding for now. Might have to let the cold air in and open a window.

dango, towboater and boatme98 like this.
  2. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member Supporter

I vote #7 shot. Of course, I don't have to patch the holes in your walls.

dango, towboater and PaBushMan like this.

3. PaBushMan

I have my beretta 92 clone bb pistol handy if needed. Rather catch and release though.

dango, RJF22553 and towboater like this.
  4. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Badminton or Tennis Racket work well every time.

dango, Pasquanel, primer1 and 3 others like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member Supporter

FIRE is your friend, bats hate fire.....:eek::eek::eek:

:p:p:p:p

dango, Oldoutlaw and towboater like this.
  6. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Great idea! Your bat is probably getting lonely and needs a companion.;)

dango, Pasquanel and Caveman Jim like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Wear garlic around your neck, it may be a vampire having trouble transforming...:p

dango and Oldoutlaw like this.
  8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

PA
    If you will go online a WIKI HOW they have some good information about how to catch the bat. Type in How to Catch a Bat in My House The one I think that would work the best is the Bucket & Cardboard technique.
    One suggested putting a Broom on top of the bat and advised usually they will turn around a grab the Broom and possibly try to bite it. Which at that time head for a door or window. One other was leaving a window in the area open at night!
    Good Luck! This seems much better than #7 Shot in your dry wall!:p

dango and RJF22553 like this.
  9. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Bats are great eaters of 'skeeters. They rarely are vampires. My wife and I consider them great critters who eat their weight in 'skeeters each night.

Once you get it free, hang a bat house outside, following correct procedures (yes, there is a protocol concerning sun placement and direction). We love our bats.

Caveman Jim, primer1, dango and 2 others like this.
  10. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

Is it a Louisville slugger? ( I couldn't resist :) )

11. PaBushMan

I think it got out. I left a window open. The animals have been calm all day. I love the idea of a bat house. Going to check into it.

Caveman Jim, Sniper03 and dango like this.
  12. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

We've had bats in our house four times . The cat did a "Bruce Lee" flip and got one . The net , none but a blanket now , got three . It's not easy or fast but possible , good luck .....!

PaBushMan likes this.
  13. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

you have a shotgun, right? that'll make quick work of getting rid of your "bat problem" for the next time
    [​IMG]

14. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Why even worry? It seems everyone has had an ole bat in the house once in awhile.
    Often called a mother in law. :D

15. Caveman Jim

:eek::eek::eek: :p

Rifling82 likes this.
  16. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

By bolder men than I.

17. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

you got to check this out.
    if you don't you might end up with an "old bat"
    Think about this when you go Christmas shopping! GRIN

9_Months.jpg

towboater and PaBushMan like this.
  18. PaBushMan

That good thanks.

19. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

All you need is a step ladder, a towel, some patience, and a big setpf ba**s to solve this problem. Most critical is the patience.

Wait until it settles down, and goes to roost, most often in a door frame in my experience, then let it just kind of hang out for a while. once it's at rest, move the step ladder over towards the door way, then walk away, and wait a few minutes. Climb up, with the towel in hand, both hands upside down with the towel draped over them, slide the towel behind it, and quickly, but gently, wrap it like a little burrito, and flip it over.

If you did it right, the head will now be up, it will be making noise, but the wings and feet will be secured in the towel. Have someone open the door or a window, take it outside, and release it from the towel. Away from your body and face. At that point, it will fly off and find some bugs to eat.

We had a creek and pond on the property dad and I had our shop on, back in NY, and over the 10 years we owned it, we had a few show up in the rooms of the old funeral home that came with the property. The first one showed up one night when my ex wife and I were there working on her car, and i had gone in to cook dinner. i had never dealt with one before, and went back out to tell her that we had a bat in the house, and to get my phone to ask dad for ideas on how to get it out of there.

Using the method above, as it was hanging from the kitchen door frame, she had it out of the house, and released in the back yard, before dad even answered. i have done it that way ever since, as it offers protcetion to the hands, and is least likely to injure the bat.

RJF22553 and PaBushMan like this.