Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Bass Pro catalog today. I turned to the optics section and noticed a new Red Dot optic they have called the Pursuit X1. It has your choice of red or green dot and also a couple different reticle variations which I thought was kinda cool. The price on these range between 50 to 80 bucks which of course makes me question their quality. Anybody have any experience with these yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever get a response on this? I purchased a pursuit X1 tactical red dot for my AR pistol build but I haven't seen any reviews or videos on it. The guy at the gun counter in Bass Pro said that he hadn't seen any that have been returned so I made my decision based on that.... And it looks like a vortex (which I've shot with before.) ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1413590829.167465.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll shoot with it tomorrow and let you know how it goes but I'm not expecting great results. The box says "shock proof" but I noticed that when I turned it on the other day I didn't see the dot come up so I tapped on the side where the battery is and it came up... So I tapped on it some more to see if it actually made a difference and the dot got brighter then dimmer then went away and then came back (with every tap) so I'm thinking I'm gonna end up returning it... But I can't find my receipt so hopefully bass pro will take it back!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Have you done any test with this RD or did you return?

For a good cheap RD, I have a Bushnell TRS-32 Tactical on one of my AR15's that has been very good. The TRS-25 has gotten rave reviews and Primary Arms is also cheap quality w/great CS.

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
I hope you left a review at Bass Pro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts