bass pro is OVER priced!!! D:<

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 410shooter, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

i was wandering around my local bass pro when i thought to look at the ammo prices in there. HOLY @#%$ 15 dollars for A box of 410 shells. 10 dollars for A box of 12 guage. 20 dollars for 20 30-30 rounds. 25 dollars for 500 .22. this is an outrage. its robbery what kind of business do they run in there? thats highway robbery. note to anyone and everyone... DO NOT BUY FROM BASS PRO OR CABELLAS. damn crooks :mad: :mad:

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I feel your pain, but I'm still gonna go. What a selection....I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Did you buy anything.....or did you vote with your feet?

3. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

Yes they are. Whenever I go and try to look at a firearm I get ignored. So I say the hell with them. I'll go to the local mom and pop shops, save some $$$ and help out the locals.

4. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

they do in fact have a good selection. but only because they make you pay through the nose to walk out with just one box! there are tons of gun shops around the us i advise all of you guys to use them. bass pro made me so mad. what is sad is there was a line of people buying ammo from them... poor guys, right when i saw the prices and the line of people i made a b-line for the exit. i will NEVER buy ammo there. D:< D:<

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It's called SHOPPING. You have to do it.

410 shells are always expensive.

$25 for 500 22lr is not bad. I have a local mom and pop shop that wants $25 for a box of 50 cci stingers.

I was just down in my local one and got a nice red head day pack for $15 and a set of shooting sticks for $20.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Are those places pricey? Yes they are but where else are you going to find that kind of selection? If you know what you want you can shop around for the best price. In a retail location you won't find 410s much cheaper, might save a few on 12 but they will be crap loads. Those ammo prices aren't out of line, slightly higher then what's at Wal Mart but not much. If you don't like their prices, don't shop there.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

As I expected, the OP is gonna have a tough time convincing THIS crowd not to go to Bass Pro or Cabela's!

But I did go to that fish restaurant at Bass Pro yesterday, Tango. It was terrible. Didn't have the gator tail, though.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

SOMEBODY is paying to support that 25000 gallon glass tank with the live rainbow trout, and for hanging the airplane from the ceiling!:D

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Don't forget all the mounted animals.

10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Around here where I live Bass Pro is the only place to get a pound of powder and a couple of hundred primers for reloading without getting raped by the shipping and special surtax for handling. It's high at Bass Pro, but still cheaper than getting it from the online suppliers.

I wouldn't buy ammo from them unless it was a very good sale as ammo can be had online and delivered to your house for much cheaper prices. On special occassions Cabelas has sales on ammo that are hard to beat and several times a year they offer free shipping to boot, so I jump on that.

For .22's I get good Federal 550 Bulk Packs for $15.47 ea. at Walmart that my guns digest like crazy. Most other ammo at Walmart is good too. My local Walmarts are all stocked back-up from the shortages that followed after the election for a year. I've never had any issues with their ammo and their prices are way better than Bass Pro's.

11. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

at my local walmart a box of 12 guage shells are 4 dollars and a box of 410's are 7 dollars 30-30's are 10 dollars for 20, and .22's are 3 dollars for 100 walmarts prices are less then half the price than bass pro. i was shocked to see people buying ammo there. i wont be buying from bass pro any time soon. it would have to be the end of the world for that to happen.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Then go to dang walmart. My god man no one is forcing you to go to Bass Pro Shops are they?

Of course they are higher priced. They have a higher overhead. Plus they are the walmart of Hunting, fishing and shooting. Where can you go and get a bow sight it in, turn around go buy a gun, pick up a new rod and lures for that rainbow trip in the spring, Watch some BIG *** fish. Play a few shooting games with the kiddos and have a day of fun.

Walking around walmart looking for fat people dressed bad is not my idea of a day of fun with the kids.

I watch the sales and what not. and every time I go there I get good deals.

I would never buy primers or powder local anymore. Why I can order 10k primers for $25 plus shipping from wiedners powder from powder valley is some of the best prices around.

So again if you don't want to shop there DON'T GO there. don't come on here and start badmouthing BPS because you are comparing them to effing nazi-mart.

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Thank you!

14. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I frequent our local Cabelas about twice a month, I can spend a half a day in that place and they don’t even charge me admission fees yet. They send me a sales flyer once a month and I have gotten some good bargains.
    I’ll continue to shop there:)

15. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

of course there is always a disagreeing person. look at it this way, would you rather spend 10 dollars or 4 to 5 at a gun shop for 12 ga. shells? yes bass pro is fun but honestly they are very over priced. its still a fun place to hang out but is no place to buy nothing. they had a tiny tiny bag of peanuts for 6 dollars... wow what a waste of money. they over charge every item in there. its a fun place to hang out but not to buy anything. thats my opinion

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Right.

Hey, ya know, I was born in Mesa, Arizona! How ya like the Cardinals this year?

17. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

i dont follow football but i live in lehi. in mesa. its not as quiet as queen creek though. but it cost less to live here ;)

18. theicemanmpls

theicemanmpls New Member

bass pro has it all

Bass Pro is a great place to shop. They have it all. They might have a zillion gallon fish tank, but, do they have this?,,,,
    Funny Pictures at WalMart

19. 410shooter

410shooter New Member

walmart is the white trash store for sure. but you cant beat there prices anywhere

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Again just to clarify.

Then go to dang walmart. My god man no one is forcing you to go to Bass Pro Shops are they?

Stop your whining and go to dang trash-mart.

I will continue to shop at a store that helps support our rights and freedoms. When was the last time you heard wal-mart standing up for 2a rights?

Good now stop whining and go get some ice cream condoms and tampons along with some one your wal-mart ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.