Baseball Fans

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Flat Tire, May 29, 2012.

1. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

I don't think anyone is allowed to just pick a team and become a fan.

Do you root for the team that is closest to where you live now ?
    Do you root for the team that plays closest to where you were born ?
    Do you root for the team closest to where you were born at the time of birth ? That team also won the World Series the year I was born.

People ask, where are you from, and that is always a difficult question. My parents decided to raise me somewhere but I chose to live somewhere else.
    There are no teams in the state I live in now so I am lost in where to place my loyalty.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I am a cards fan......grew up watching the cards and I also have the baby birds not to far away from me. I live in Missouri and yes its a near me thing. The cards are a good team anyways you want to cut it.

3. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I'm a fan of the Indians. They're close to home.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Born and raised a Red Sox fan. Moved out of Boston in '94 but my heart will always be with my Beantown teams...

5. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

White Sox 100% and then I also like the Cardinals!!

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I haven't cared for baseball since the last strike. The only entertainment I get out of it is watching the Mets collapse at the end of every season and the agony of my Boston and Cape Cod friends when the Yankees beat the Sox.

I do enjoy watching the nieces play a little league game now and then :)

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm a Marlins fan cause I was born and raised in Miami and root for all the Miami teams even when they are having a crappy year, but of course living in Iowa, I don't see too many games.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Chicago White Sox. Because they are a good team.................and my Dad is a White Sox fan and he raised me. :D

9. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I'm ashamed to put this up after you, since my team struck out 15 times against you lol. I'm not a big baseball fan, but I'll take the 'Devil' Rays since they're my home team.

10. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

SOX all the way w-o-f :)

but: i live close to chicago, born, and raised in fam of Sox!

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I am a Phillies fan. I grew up there and lived mostly in Philly the first 38 years of my life. I have been to way to many games at the old Connie Mack Stadium, and the Vet. I go to some of their grapefruit league games down here. However, it is not ice hockey, so I don't buy the MLB game package on the cable!

12. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Like Mr. Tommy Lasorda, I too bleed Dodger Blue.

I moved to AZ and I enjoy and cheer for the D Backs. I used to even clean Kirk Gibson's pool the year before he became manager. He was totally cool! He rented that big ol' house so I never caught up with him again.

Vin Scully is the greatest announcer of all time to boot!

13. vincent

vincent New Member

I knew YOU'D chime in when I saw this thread! :D

+1 on the Vin Scully comment...

14. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Vincent! always a pleasure to run into you! Talking baseball too! Just a bonus!

15. vincent

vincent New Member

You too buddy!! :D

16. mcb

mcb New Member

Born and raised in Western PA I'm still a Pirates fan. Working on their 20th straight losing season and I'll be in the stands every chance I get.

In my opinion the all time greatest sports announcers are Mike Lang, voice of the Penguins and the late great Myron Cope. Cope created the greatest symbol in pro sports "the terrible towel".

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i was born in Colorado, but raised in Texas, so i grew up with the Rangers from my grandfather, but my father was an Astros fan from years ago and when growing up in Houston as youngster, i got to attend many Astros games at the Astrodome. but i am now more of a Rangers fan again with the Astros my second favorite team. this year and those past it was easy to be a two team rooter, but next season, the Astros are moving to the Amarican League. bummer!

18. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

freaking love those old school unies!! There will never be one as great!

[​IMG]

19. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

im not the biggest fan of baseball but since dustin pedroia started playing for the red sox i cheer them on.i do alot of business at his familys tire store in woodland so i started paying attention befor that i never had a team i would just watch to watch.

20. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Born and raised REDS fan. I go to 4 or 5 games a year, and try to catch most games on tv or radio. My other team is whoever is playing against the CARDS on any given day.