Bang for the buck

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by kjbcruz12, Oct 5, 2012.

1. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

What's the best AR brand out there that's the best bang for the buck under $1k?

2. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Check PSA, they have a sale right now and their basic AR looks like a pretty solid build. If the money was in the account I would have already ordered.

3. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

quite a few, do your research well, and choose the one thatchu think will make you happiest.

that's what it all boils down to.

you can build a good rifle for that price, plus buy enough ammo to shoot it for a while.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

i concur ;)

5. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i need a thumbs up, BRUH! ;)

6. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Whst would be the closest to the military spec m4? Inside and outside.

7. PlasticGunner

PlasticGunner New Member

Colt fits that picture but may run jut over 1k

8. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

why,.........are you goin to the ME?

or do you just wanna brag that you "shoot what the Marines/Grunts shoot?"

cuz that's basically all you will be doin.............the military GETS whatever item a DOD contractor gives them (ie., DOD contractor that was able to give the gooberment the best bid for said item).

there are PLENTY of military men and women that would gladly take a different weapon than what is issued to them by DOD contract.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The Colt 6920. Its 1.5" longer barrel and semiauto operation are the only real differences between it and a real Colt M4. And a bayonet won't fit due to the 16" barrel.

The Colt is an excellent choice if you want the carbine length gas system, many of us instead buy a 16" BCM, Daniel Defense or PSA with midlength gas. (Bayonet will fit these because they have the same dwell time as the M4 or M16A4.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Quentin, how's that PSA working out ? I haven't heard much feedback a out it. Love my new 14.7 upper I got from them

11. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

No. I was in the military and I just like how the m4 shoots and all of the options you have with them as far as modifying them. And I'm not trying to brag about nothing. I just simply like the gun. Thanks.

12. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I built a really nice AR off of a PSA lower for around 1200. The only thing I didn't like about PSA is the fit and finish could use some work. The upper is YHM upper, and FF tube with a BCM barrel.

image-3764543842.jpg

13. cbibb

cbibb New Member

Look at a rock river nm with removable handle good out to 600 to 1k with two stage trigger little more than 1000.00 but worth it or build your lower and get a white oak or a compass lake upper buy once cry once good luck

14. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Del-ton, Smith&Wesson, Rock River, DPMS, My new del-ton is a damn good carbine. Waaaay under $1000.

15. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

cruz nice piece & price but you said you want mil-spec & this chambered for .223 not 5.56 . these are not interchangeable ( read stickies at top section ) also I would put a set of flip front & rear sights on in case that purdy scope craps out on you IMO good luck in your hunt for that cure for BRD Mickey

16. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

cruz nice piece & price but you said you want mil-spec & this chambered for .223 not 5.56 . these are not interchangeable ( read stickies at top section ) also I would put a set of flip front & rear sights on in case that purdy scope craps out on you IMO good luck in your hunt for that cure for BRD you can shoot .223 in a 5.56 but NOT advised the other way around 5.56 in a .223 ( READ stickies ) Mickey

17. cbibb

cbibb New Member

Might want to look into a wyld chamber takes both 223 and 5.56 some manufactures use this as a regular chambering do your homework and check it out. good luck

18. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I built an m4 profile using a jse upper and Charles daly lower, fit and finish on the entire rifle is great. Way under 1k as well