Bang for my Buck!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Chewdo, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Chewdo

Chewdo New Member

Im looking into getting a savage arms axis .243... Im a lefty and there one of the only brands that can help me out in the price range... Imm looking at about $350... Im going to use it to hunt deer. and im ganna start reloading... Im a new to hunting.... Any pro and or cons to this rifle... Any feed back is apreshated.

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with a Savage in .243, the .243 is all my dad ever used............

3. Chewdo

Chewdo New Member

Nice... Ive been told. 243, .270 or. 308... And im not looking to shoot past 200 yards, here in washington st. theres to much folage and hills...

4. tderrick

tderrick New Member

Great caliber. Killed deer and hogs with it. Versatile in grains, so it's good for small to medium size game.

5. Chewdo

Chewdo New Member

Yeah thats what ive heard, and sence im getting more and more into reloading it deffantly spunds like the best caliber. im also looking int. 270 & .308... But. 243. Sounds like its the most vercitile...

6. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

great gun too, yeah the axis may be entry level but it will shoot with & much better than many more expensive ones. after about 50 rounds down the pipe, this is what i did with my axis in .223 @ 100 yards off a bipod:
    [​IMG]

it's safe to say the gun is more accurate than the shooter :D

7. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Good choice. What are you waiting for? Are you going to sit and read posts or go get your new rifle? Tell us how it shoots.:)

8. JTEX

JTEX New Member

Great caliber! I love my .243! It's taken 200lb. Whitetails to coyotes and bobcats!
    But mines a Remy 700...

Attached Files: