Bang 4 the Buck

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by TwelveGageTaylor, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TwelveGageTaylor

TwelveGageTaylor New Member

Hey guys im looking to get a concealed carry handgun. My roots are with 1911 .45's and i dont really wanna veer away from that but id like some opinions on whats a good handgun for the buck. I like a bigger caliber but im open minded to anything. Im looking to spend $6-1000

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Para-Ordnance_C745S_Companion.jpg

para.jpg

One of my personal favorites- ParaOrdnance C7/45. Not a lot bigger than a J Frame S&W revolver, 7+1 shot .45 ACP, DOUBLE ACTION- and it eats anything I put in the mag

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Ruger 1911 in commander size. That is a nice budget you have to work with. Maybe even a Colt New Agent.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

or the Colt Defender.

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Any of those, or a Springfield. One of my buds swears by his...and it's every bit as accurate as my Commander.

6. TwelveGageTaylor

Springfield Emp? It only comes in 9 or 40. Is 40sw a big difference between 45. Id like to stick to 45, but when it comes down to concealed..thats why im on here askin questions

7. TwelveGageTaylor

Whats the commander? Brand n caliber? 3in..?

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

A"Commander" is a 1911 frame type. Mine is a 45ACP Colt Commander 4.25" Blued with rubber grips...
    I'm looking to get one in 9MM since that's what I carry these days.

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

10. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Colt Defender if you want a 3" 1911 to carry. They make a 9mm and a 45 ACP. Either way you can't go wrong. You should be able to find one for just about $1000. Less if you can find a used one. I wouldn't go cheap on a small 1911 as they have been known to have issues.

11. TwelveGageTaylor

The colt defender is what keeps catching my eye.

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

How about you find a range that rents pistols . See what they have in a caliber of your choice buy the ammo and if slow they may let you fire some rounds thru what they have in that caliber. They may have a commander to rent. many will tell you the shorter the barrel the more issues you can have with ammo brands and bullet designs with HP. If you can't hide a commander well a defender ain't gon'a make enough difference to matter but atleast you get a 4/25" barrel instead of a short 3". The grip not the barrel length can be the biggest problem. I can iwb or owb a commander sized kahr tp40 at a 2:15 position.

13. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Take a look at the American Classic Amigo. Great quality gun for a moderate price.

The .45 has a bigger bullet, the .40s&w has more energy. Both make a nice size hole. Both do a lot of damage. Both get the same end result.

14. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

I have a colt defender for sale. 45 cal

15. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

How much are you asking for it?

16. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

17. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Not bad, I always get the little Colts mixed up is the Defender the one w gutter sights?

18. tankwilson

tankwilson New Member

Here's a pic. Comes with 4 magazines and houge wrap around grip.

ForumRunner_20131216_181404.jpg

19. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

That's extremely nice!

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the New Agent is the one with the gutter sights. very similiar to the Defender in size and such.