Ban On standard Cap Mags

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by danf_fl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

With the discussion of banning hi-cap magazines, there seems to be one little thing that "Avid Hunter" Senator Bill Nelson forgot.

There is a round limitation when hunting to give the prey a "sporting chance". That is why, in Florida, there is a three shell limitation for migratory water fowl. There are limits on what can be used on wildlife.

In self defense, there is not any "sporting chance" any person should give when defending themselves.

In legally defending oneself, there should not be any limits in place.

You should "cheat" as much as possible when protecting your azz.

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Dan, the 3 shell limit on waterfowl is federal.

3. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

toung in cheek

Is that because the government wants natural selection to take over so that people that are bad shots won't be able to feed their families and die off, thus leaving only good shots in the gene pool?

J

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Nah, it is because Dick Cheney only has so many people willing to hunt with him. ;)

5. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

First off, STOP callin' em' "Hi-Cap" mags, they're NOT, they're STANDARD Cap mags.
    Second off, Hunting is totally different from the Security of a Free State as stated in the 2nd Amendment. The 2A isn't about Hunting or even really self defense against criminals, it's all about giving us equal firepower with our government so that if/when the government becomes tyrannical( like it is now) we'll have the means to over throw it and replace it with a Constitutional government.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I apologize for the "hi-cap" nomenclature, but Sen Bill Nelson calls any mag over 10 rounds "hi-cap"

Bill Nelson declares himself an "avid hunter" (but I wish he was more of a self preservationist).

He believes that AK-47's and other similiar rifles have not place in the hands of common people, or on the hunting field.

I believe that he agrees that Home Land Security should have "Personal Defense Weapons" that are capable of selective full or semi auto firing (and 30 round magazines), but we the people shall be denied the same level of self protection with our semi-auto only "assault rifle".

His loyalty to the true Democratic party is non-existent. His loyalty to the Charter of the Democratic Party is non-existent. His loyalty to the BOR is non-existent. His loyalty to the Oath of Office is non-existent. His loyalty to the people he represents is non-existent.

7. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I look at it this way. I have three glock mags that hold over 30 rounds each. They will work in any of my glocks. If and when the Zombies come, I can raise havoc with them.

8. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

9. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Hahahaha, that's great.

10. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was hackin' on ya', it's just that we need to stop buying into the terms that the gun grabbers are using to describe our perfectly legal Militia Weapons and Magazines.
    Also, Bill Nelson is an idiot. He's the worst kind of gun grabber, one that actually owns firearms. He really needs to sit down and give the Constitution and Bill of Rights a good read. Then maybe he'll see that it has nothing to do at all with a firearms use for hunting, it's all about keeping the government in check.

11. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

What is a high capacity magazine?

12. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

I would say it would be a magazine that holds more then the standard issue magazine that comes with the gun. My Glock G19 comes with a standard mag capacity of 15. I've added +2 bottoms to technically I guess you could call them "high capacity" since they hold 2 more rounds then standard.
    The Anti-Gun bunch like to thrown around the term "Hi-Capacity" to make it sound scary or bad but if you were defending your home during a riot or home invasion I'd take comfort in knowing that I had plenty of rounds on tap.

13. andichrist

andichrist New Member

Next step for Diane Feinstein: to require background checks and registration for all water guns and limit "extended" mag water guns like supersoakers to 2 pints.

Gov Cuomo: "YOU DON'T NEED MORE THAN 2 PINTS TO SOAK A FRIEND"!!!!

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I'd rather quail hunt with Cheney than go for a drive with a Kennedy. :p

15. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Hahahahahahahaha, that is great:)

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Any magazine is a hi-cap if you can shoot more than one time without reloading!:D

17. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I am fine with a mag limit of 30 rounds. I see no point for anyone to have a 100 round drum on a Modern Sporting rifle. Glock 33 round mags should be the limit for handguns.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm fine with a more reasonable limit: the mechanical limits of the magazine itself. What size magazine? Well, that's up to the free men and women to decide for themselves.

19. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

The only problem is that if you let them ban 100 round mags then they'll be after 50 round mags next. So, you say, well you don't need 50 to hunt with, ban em'. So they do and then they'll want 30 round mags and on and on it goes until all mags are banned and you're feeding you're semi one round at a time.
    Screw em', I don't want ANY mags banned and I don't care if they're acceptable for hunting or not, that's NOT what the 2nd Amendment is about anyway. Any gun owner that'd cave in to a little anti-gun laws should just sell their damn guns because they're not standing up for the 2A and don't deserve to own firearms in the first place.:mad:

20. igo205mph

igo205mph New Member

I agree with you frank. Once it starts it will never end we must hold our ground.