Badass Safety Selector help

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dahamp2003, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

So this thing gets awesome reviews, but after I installed it, I'm not impressed. At all. Something has to be off. Everyone talks about how smooth it is, but when I activate it it's rough. Like it's so hard to flip half the time it gets stuck in between, and it's 2 actions instead of 1. I used the spring and detent provided, but I just can't figure out what the deal is. I have been using it, but honestly I liked the regular safety that came with the parts kit from PSA. It was 10 times smoother. Any suggestions?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Dahamp,

I would suggest contacting the company direct. There may be some tolerance or machining location problems with that particular unit. As I tell the students in the classes, just because they are new parts does not guarantee they are good parts. Sometimes a machining error can occur in the detent area of a Safety Selector Lever Shaft itself causing the type problem you are talking about. There is nothing you can do with it except contact the vendor and usually they are more than glad to rectify the issue.