Bad inflluences - other gun owners

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Defiant_one, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Do you find other gun owners to be bad influences ? By that I mean, you get exposed to other guns...then have to have one..LOL

I have 4 handguns and 2 rifles...but went shooting with my bro-in-law the other day. We have similar handguns but he pulls out a Ruger .22 target pistol. I had shot it before with him...but that was 3 handguns ago..sigh. I enjoyed it. Too much. That was on the 2nd.

I told myself I don't need it. 22lr is not as cheap as it was (yet I have about 1500 rounds). I was really good. Sat on my hands. Until the 4th...and ordered this one....sigh..at least I got a REALLY good price...

http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-mk-iii-22lr-55-2245-target-rimfire-pistol-65208

[​IMG]

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I'm usually the bad influence. I know what I want and then buy one(or two), then I let my brothers and cousins shoot 'em.;)

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

That's the kind of bad influence you want. :)

4. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I live with a bad influence...in more ways than one.

5. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

So does my wife :p

6. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

Yep definitely but on the Aussie hunting forum I'm a member of it's called being a gun whore.

I really didn't have too much of an interest in big bore rifles as in the bigger.30's up to and including the .50's and the Black Powder Henry's, Snider's Martini's etc but after attending our annual big bore shoot for the last 5 years I've started on a project .458 AccRel on a M98 action.

The path to total gun whoredom is very slippery.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, was out varminting this weekend,

saw a friend's Rem 1100. Now I gotta have

one . . .

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I tell my Wife we are gun co-Dependent....

But seriously. It's bad enough we aren't financially wealthy to buy everything our Big eyes tell our itchy hands they want to pick up,..,SHOT was good in a lot of ways because we get to touch them without the pressure to buy...at least not then...

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Just call me a pusher. I'm constantly trying to get people hooked.

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Actually, our group kinda works just the opposite. We like bringing something no one else has to the party.

11. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Yeah...well...

There are only so many ways I can play shuffle so my wife thinks I have two guns...I tend to buy in black so they kind of look the same...I just can't lay them all out at once...LOL

12. Merlin40

Merlin40 New Member

I guess I'm lucky. My wife be lovin' guns, and is after me all the time to buy more ammo. I currently carry a Sig SP2022 in .40, and she carries a Sig P 250 in 9mm. I'm picking up a CZ 75 P-07 Duty in .40 later this month.

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

You, too? I think that may be more common than I realize. Although, with my wife, I could buy one in fluorescent green, and one in black, and she wouldn't notice. That's how little attention she pays. Of course, she hates guns. Bad, 'cause she's always bitching about them, yet good, 'cause she pays no attention.:(&:cool:

14. endobro

endobro New Member

You guys are a bad influence lol. Haven't been on here for a month. Got back on got the itch to go shooting and now I want another new gun.

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

general rule of thumb is that the person with more guns is the bad influence.

personally, i like being a bad influence!:p

16. indy36

indy36 New Member

The problem with hanging around shotgun shooters is that you start thinking you need a K-80 or Kolar or Blaser. Now you're talking about $6,500 to $18,000. Gone are the days of a $285 Ruger LCP. Now it's big money.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

17. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

My wife doesn't get mad anymore. She wanted me to have the CrossBow. She just wants to make sure we both have enough Ammo to shoot whatever we shoot. She's also happy that we aren't running out of 22 Ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

18. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Well...with my wife

She doesn't hate them..just no interest...when I am at a counter doing stripping and cleaning, she just knows I am enjoying my hobby...but I still have to play shuffle...With the latest addition coming this week, I will have 4 handguns to shuffle...she wont really notice unless I had all 4 laid out at the same time...that's why I work on them one at a time... :cool:

19. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Axxe55...

Good rule !!! :D

20. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Well.....You would probably go into shock if you knew how many pairs of shoes she has...she rotates them...they all look the same to you...:D. Did you know nail polish is $12 a bottle, she probably has 55 bottles stashed around..Good shampoo/conditioner is $60 a bottle...? She's smarter than you think...she knows you have more than 2 guns....But all is good, so why throw a grenade in the sh*t house.....:D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014