bad ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by johnfs, Sep 15, 2012.

1. johnfs

johnfs New Member

tryed shooting my ar again today with some ammo i had gotten from dealer when i bought my upper a couple weeks ago tried shooting for first time 1st round fired but got stuck in chamber it is tiger brand 223 my ar is bushmaster upper an rock river lower also had some bear brand 223 they are silver colered they seem to have problem feeding but the tiger brand rounds were jamming bolt so tight had to break gun down to losen bolt i talked to bushmaster my upper should shoot either 223 or 5.56 has anyone else had this kind of trouble is there something with the bolt or is it just the cheap ammo have one box of tiger but not gonna use it anymore

2. johnfs

johnfs New Member

oh forgot to ask has anyone used any of the bulk 5.56 from walmart its federal with a green tip if so is it anygood

Attached Files:

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Did you oil her up before shooting or are you running it dry? The tiger ammo is likely part of the problem. The federal is decent.

4. johnfs

johnfs New Member

ya i did oil it. mags are circa 1986 can i strech out springs or oil mags lol done with tiger have a box of 100 fed 223 56 grain after those are gone gonna just shoot 5.56

5. oldpapps

oldpapps New Member

johnfs,

Frustration. If I were you, I would pick up some other ammunition and see if it will feed. If it does, the 'tiger' brand isn't much punk. If it also doesn't feed, start looking to see why.

Is the upper new? If 'new', it will take a few rounds to seat in. I think this is actually a good thing, I think it makes for a tighter fit.

Also, when 'mountainman13' asked if you "oil her up", he/we mean running the BCG 'wet'. It may 'spit' a little but they run better wet.

Good luck and get her going.

6. steve4102

steve4102 New Member

Buy some quality factory ammo and test again. If that doesn't run it's the gun.

Some punctuation and capital letters would be nice as well. Might even get you a very more replies.

7. johnfs

johnfs New Member

Sorry bought the grammer some times my typing sucks.
    Went back to range with 20 rounds of good federal 223 and 10rounds of federal 5.56 .
    Every round fired and rifle cycled great.
    Thank god it was just ammo.

8. johnfs

johnfs New Member

Also started the process of zeroing .But didnt bring enough ammo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  9. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

he/we mean running the BCG 'wet'

Think of your HS GF+run your AR the same..

Glad you got Her going..Bill.:D