Bacon......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Feb 15, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I hate to admit this but I love Jack In The Box. I love their disgusting deep fried taco filled with pasty meat. That's my favorite. There is no JITB near where I live but whenever I travel and I see a JITB, I have to stop and get a couple icky, delicious tacos.

But here's their newest menu item. Limited time only. I want someone to taste test it and give us a review. :D

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2740519

http://www.jackinthebox.com/

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I would go try the bacon shake Winds, but sadly the last time I lived near a Jack in the Box was 30 years ago. Maybe it's just a midnight bacon craving, but that does sound good.:D

3. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

I know your pain as a Marine I have lived all over the country and I have a fat burger addiction and now I live in south Texas with no fat burger around. I've heard there's one 2 1/2 hours away. I definitely love those cheap deep fried tacos from JITB. If you ever get a chance try Humbly Tacos. If you like the JITB ones you'll LOVE jim boy

4. winds-of-change

Never heard of Humbly Tacos. Nor have I heard of Fat Burgers, either. I went and visited a friend in California a couple years ago and there were Carls Juniors all over the place. I wanted to eat at one but he only eats 'healthy' and he said we could go there but he would just watch me eat one as he wouldn't eat those burgers. Well, who wants to go out to eat and have someone watch you eat? I said, "Skip it." :(

5. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

Don't blame you just doesn't feel right to eat while some one watches. That fat burger they are all over Cali and Jim Boy tacos is in carson city Nevada. I live in south Texas and the huge craze down here is a place called whataburger just can't get into it.

6. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Whataburger is the biggest, greasiest...No...wait..it's second place, Sonic is worse.(not my namesake by the way) and Carl's Jr is the same as Hardees. I like Red Robin and Fuddrucker's, however Fuddrucker's is in financial trouble. I'll pass on the bacon shake.

7. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

As much as I like bacon (but it's got to be fried crisp), I'll pass on the bacon shake. I prefer my bacon as strips on sandwiches, on the plate at breakfast, etc.....

8. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

Now you guys got me thinking of a royal red robin burger. You know, the one with a fried egg and bacon on it. One of the best in my opinion. :)

9. winds-of-change

So, no one is going to taste a Bacon Shake and give us a review?

I ate at a Red Robin once. The place was packed. I felt like a sardine in a can and the noise level almost made me wish I had brought my hearing protection. But then, it was on a Saturday at around lunch time. The atmosphere was so stressful and the service so poor, I'm not sure I really enjoyed my hamburger,

10. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

Sorry you had a bad experience. Whether or not you try RR again, you should try a fried egg burger. I'm serious, Its the only real way to eat a burger for me now. :)

11. winds-of-change

For the longest time there wasn't a Sonic by me, either. Finally one opened and I had seen commercials forever and couldn't wait to go eat there. My son, who travels a bit, said Sonic is "nothing special". I went there to eat and it really wasn't anything special. :eek:

An egg on my hamburger doesn't sound good to me. I don't even like cheese on my hamburgers. I will give it a try again. I think the food is good.....I just have to be more careful of the time and day I go there. It was packed with young families and the noise level was outrageous. :(

12. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

NO CHEESE?!?!? Next your gonna tell me you don't like baseball or apple pie either. Hahaha! Sorry, I don't think I could live in a world without cheese.

13. winds-of-change

Oh, I like cheese. I like cheese on crackers and I like string cheese as a snack. I just don't like cheese on my hamburgers. It takes away from the taste of the hamburger. If I make hamburgers on the charcoal grill, I often eat them plain to get the full hamburger flavor. Restaurant hamburgers I like with 'the works' on it.........except the cheese.

I really enjoy watching baseball. I don't mind a good apple pie, either.
    There, did I redeem myself?

14. woody63m

woody63m New Member

It all about BUSHS CHICKEN i would kill for some. I love it so much when i was in the hospital for my stomach i would ask for it everytime i woke up from the drug induced coma i was in. No lie you can ask my momma if ya want she asked one of my friends what i meant and they told her what it was. She was in love with it to before she left texas

15. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Wait a minute. You've got Jack in the Box in Rockford??? When did that happen?

16. winds-of-change

I can't see anywhere in this thread where I said we had a JITB in Rockford. There is a Sonic....................:confused:

17. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

I guess so. I just had to tease a little. :)

18. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

Ill try that bacon flavored shake today and have a review posted for you tonight.

19. winds-of-change

AWESOME!!! You're my hero of the day. Buy a taco and take a picture of it for me, would you?

They say the shake isn't on the menu but you have to ask for it and they will make you one.

20. neilage66

neilage66 New Member