Bacon, bacon, bacon!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Jun 7, 2014.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Got your attention?
    Tomorrow, Sunday the 8th, from 11 AM to 8 PM will be the second annual Bacon Festival.
    The bad news, at least for most of us, it's in Richmond, Va.
    It's at the 17th Street Farmers Market.
    Last year, the inaugural year, they had 15,000 attendees and expect a lot more this year.
    Sorry I don't have the link, you can Google it, or go to the 17th Street Farmers Market Facebook page.

Repete;
    What: BACON
    Where: Richmond, Va. 17 st. Farmers Market
    When: Sunday, 8 June
    Time: 11:00-20:00

If you go, pictures are required!

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I was at the grocery store today an in a big refrigerated display they had ten pound boxes of sliced bacon for $1.99/lb. A lady picked one up and pit it in her cart.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The good stuff out of the meat case in the market is running $5-6 a lb. I bought some last week as a treat for my wife as she recovers from her surgery. I can buy a good natural ham (no water added) for less than $2 on sale so ham and eggs are in order or my home smoked pork loin. So far she is enjoying my cooking.

4. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

BACON,
    Oh how I miss you.
    Last time I was in hospital,
    Dr. said "No More Bacon"
    Ok, I cheat once in awhile.

5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Well, the pig don't care. It's all the same result for him wether you want a slice or a rasher. :D
    Have another slice....:)

6. hunter105

hunter105 New Member

JTJ, buy some pork belly and make your own bacon. It is actually quite easy. Takes about a week and then a couple hours in the smoker. Look up how to make bacon online, you won't be disappointed.

7. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Just a bit o' bacon for dinner..............yup, my life sucks (already polished off several before camera snap)

Bambi, Bacon, Beer and a little Burn (Jalapenos)

[​IMG]