Backyard shootin!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Aug 3, 2013.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

image-344518297.jpg

Here's where im shooting from, about 50 feet (I measured).

image-2196453874.jpg

Here's what I'm shooting, Gamo Silent Cat .177 cal. Pellet rifle

image-3384149417.jpg

Not a bad grouping I would say

image-1687691401.jpg

Came with a descent scope

image-48338729.jpg

Definite pest control capable.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

That scope looks about as crooked as Al Sharpton. Is it just the angle? It does look like there's a focal point shift.

3. hareebrownbeest

image-2028756607.jpg

10 shot group at 50ft. Made that can my *****!

4. hareebrownbeest

I know! Driving me crazy too. I plumbed it off a string line and it looked tits, but to my eye it looks off as hell. I'm keeping it where it's at because it's shooting great( for a pellet gun);)

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Are you positive the rifle was straight?

Really, I think it's fine, and there's just a slight angle to the pic. If it shoots good, that's all that really counts, right?

6. hareebrownbeest

Yeah I'm sure it's the pic, it's pretty accurate, I'm pleased! I'm not going to mess with it.

image-516813774.jpg

One shot kill or OSK.

7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't know if you have already checked your local and state laws, but in many jurisdictions what you are doing is illegal. If you have 'friendly' neighbors and understanding LEO's that may not be a consideration. When I was called on a complaint about someone shooting in their backyard I would give a Verbal Warning (it was illegal in CS,CO) and suggest they take it 'inside if possible. That way the 'busy bodies' could not complain, and even if they did I couldn't enter their home without a warrant or exigent circumstance!!!;)

8. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

That was a terrible and offensive thing to say. Even the cheapest scope you can buy is not nearly as crooked as Al Sharpton.:D

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

So...it was insulting to scopes...?

10. hareebrownbeest

I'm in so cal so I'm sure it's illegal as hell:) my neighbors are pretty cool, we all drink and BBQ together. I never shoot beyond that dirt hillside pictured but I hear ya about the laws.;)