Back in the club

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by David26, Jul 9, 2011.

1. David26

David26 New Member

First and only 1911 i have owned was that para gi expert and Was not happy with it didnt have it long before i traded it for a p97 whitch i love... But yesterday finaly found bought and brought home the new Ruger sr1911.. would post pics but i dont got internet on the pc anymore and iam postin this from my phone... took the gun to the range first thing this morning and couldnt be happier it is as they say more accurate then me

2. David26

David26 New Member

Sent 200 rds of winchester 230 gr. target ammo down range without one single malfunction not even a fail 2 feed

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats!! :D

Have heard good things about the Ruger SR1911, not had a chance to fondle and shoot one yet, but sounds like they are definite stable performers! :cool:

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent and congratulations to ya'.

5. utf59

utf59 New Member

Congrats on the Ruger! I have fondled, but not fired, an SR1911, and I found a lot to like.

I'm curious what you didn't like about the Para. I've heard good things about them, and I had that model on my list of 1911s to consider, so I'm interested in your thoughts.

6. David26

David26 New Member

The para i had right out the box u could push the disasiembly/slide lock lever out without havin 2 line up the notch had to replace it with an after market part the whole gun just felt loose and kept havin ftf even with tryin wilsion comat mags Had a poly tiger and poly grips

7. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Congrats on the ruger! They look sweet! When you get a chance post a pic up of that sucker!

8. utf59

utf59 New Member

Thanks for the info.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome back into the fold.

Now get with the pictures man!! We needs us some GunPr0n!! :D

JD

10. David26

David26 New Member

Would luv 2 post pics.. This might be the only truly beutiful auto Rugers ever made sure the best lookin one in my collection but anit got a computer anymore and cant figure out how 2 post pics from this phone

11. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

(pokes head in forum, yells) GET A Glock 21,30, or 36! (ducks, runs out of forum)

12. InfiniteWalrus

InfiniteWalrus New Member

Dude, they were talking about weapons with some class, not Tupperware!

13. jca1

jca1 New Member

Could you send the pic to someone else? I don't know how the phone thing works.

Glad you have a 1911 again, now we can be friends again:D

14. Ambrola

Ambrola New Member

Heres Mine.

[​IMG][URL="
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Take a pic with your phone and save it. When you reply on your phone puch the add attachment button. Select your picture from your library and reply. Done!

If I can do it , anyone can do it!

16. BearTaylor

BearTaylor New Member

I bought a new SR1911 a couple of months ago and it's a pretty darned good handgun. I got it for six hundred dollars and a buddy of mine had to pay more at the same gunshop just a few weeks later. I guess I got lucky.

17. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Hahahaha silly Glock guys, you lil devil you :p good fun but in all seriousness the Ruger 1911 is high up on my want list :cool: nice pick up good sir

18. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Oh, I see what you did there......LOL! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk