Back from Duracoat!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JoshX3Magazine, Jan 13, 2010.

1. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Just got my Panther back from the gurus at Conlee Custom Camo. They turned my black rifle into an absolute Multicam MASTERPIECE! These guys did a top-notch job and I'm STOKED!

I'm going to do an interview with the owner, Will Conlee, in the next issue of HuntX3 Magazine just to let everyone know how great he is!

Hope everyone likes it! I know I do!

Josh

[​IMG]

Will's site is www.CustomGunCamo.com

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Not sure if it is going to do you any good here in VA man. It is a nice looking job.

Bigger is better in the camo world in my book. I think bigger blotches is a little better to hide adn break up the outline of a soild object.

I am not dissing you or the job the guy at Conlee Custom Camo did.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn!! That is one beautifully done rifle there Josh!....my allergies are acting up a little....must be the duracoat...sniff...sniff.... :cool:

Jack

4. JoshX3Magazine

Tango: No diss taken, man! :) It's all good. I posted it to get opinions and show off the job Will did for me. I also agree with you on both counts, in VA it might not be the best pattern. But dang, it looks good. I've liked the Multicam pattern since Crye released it. I like the versatility of it.

I'll probably have him do my Romanian AK next, and probably Tigerstripe. :) That ought to do a little better here in VA, especially in the summer. I'm also considering which pattern to go with for my new Saiga .308 which is currently en-route. ANy ideas? It's intended to be a huntin' rafle. ;)

Josh

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Damn nice there, Josh. Almost too pretty to shoot. :p

6. amoroque

amoroque New Member

that looks like he does some nice work.
    I'll be sure to check his website.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Go Josh! SWEEEEET..................

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Nice piece!

Did you take that photo yourself? Whoever took it is quite good with his photography skills. I wish I could take photos like that.

9. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Nice job. I've always wanted to send one of mine off to Lauer, but I keep thinking I could do it myself, too.

Then it hits me...do I really trust myself to do something that would look like theirs?
    Lauer weaponry - camopaks

LOL...just like I've been ready to send one of my Kimbers off to Robar to get NP3 and Robar's Deluxe treatment done:
    Robar Super Deluxe pistol package
    But...that's always NEXT on the list :p

Looks good though, Josh.

10. JoshX3Magazine

I did actually take that picture myself. Thanks for the compliment! When I'm not writing I actually take the occassional picture for a living. I'm not nearly as good as most photographers, but I get by. With 5 grand worth of camera equipment if I can't take a decent picture I need to quit. ;)

You could absolutely positively take that picture yourself, no problem, with a tenth the camera I have, after about five minutes talking to me. Don't sell yourself short! If you ever want photography pointers, drop me a PM!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I gotta tell you I haven't been that excited to open a package since Christmas 1989!

Josh

11. afi1

afi1 New Member

No pictures are showing up for me, but it might just be this wonderful hajji internet. I looked at the site though, and I'm sure it looks great. Some of the rifles, pistols and markers on there are amazing looking. I sent my wife a link and she wants to get her Sig's slide done up in a pink tiger print.

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I think it's all in the lighting. I have a Nikon D90, a pretty good camera, and I know quite a bit about photography, but I don't have the lighting equipment necessary to do work like that. Very well done :)

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That tiger stripe will look sick dude just sick.

a combo of lighter tan and green with brown and little bit of black will work good here in the summer time I think. The afgan with some green would look good.

Man now you got me looking at the site and thinking maybe my new ar needs this treatment in woodland signature.......

14. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

15. Westy

Westy New Member

What's a paint job like that run?

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

17. JoshX3Magazine

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I don't want to come off sounding like an ad for this guy, but he's a really good guy, a family man and law-enforcement officer! Definitely someone worth spending your time and a little money with.

Head over to CustomGunCamo.com and email Will, and him tell Josh Silverman sentcha over from the FireArmsTalk.com forums! He might open fire, but then again if he doesn't, it might work out. :)

He's definitely getting my Saiga and my AK.

Josh

18. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Check out the Multi-Color pattern, it has the tan, green, brown in it. Or maybe the Russian Special Forces?

19. russ

russ New Member

Josh, that thing looks awesome! Did he coat all the pieces or did you buy some in multicam? I believe I've seen some Magpul stuff available in multicam.

20. JoshX3Magazine

Nope this was all him. That was an all-black DPMS AR when he got it. Everything on there that'd camo, he did with Duracoat.

Can't wait to get the bolt and carrier back into it and get it lubricated so I can shoot it again!

Josh