Baby Eagle

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by basscat89, Mar 9, 2013.

1. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

I am strongly considering gettin myself a IWI compact 9mm or .40 "baby eagle". So... Who wants to talk me out of it, or convince me to get one today?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Get a 1911. Kool aide tastes better. Buy a glock, kool aide leads to cults. That is all. Derpa.

3. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

I already have the colt 1911 my grandfather carried in WWII, and a couple of glocks. Im looking for something you don't see everyday, and I've never seen one of these except at gun shows.

4. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

I have a baby eagle and to be honest it is probably the nicest 9mm ive ever had. Its a cz75 variant with excellent quality. As i like to tell people, when you have people pissed off at you on all sides you tend to make some nice guns

5. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Get the baby eagle in either caliber, you won't regret it. Israel firearms are superb. Imo the glock koolaid tastes like sewage

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Those Baby Eagles are some of the nicest handguns I've ever shot. I seen one survive a double powder drop (re)load. Blew the mag out the bottom, the case head was ripped from the rest of the case, the shooter ended up almost losng an eye from the brass that flew out.

He called the manufacturer and the said that they test them to take more than that so if he wanted to put it back together it should work fine. And he did. Replaced some parts and went to shooting the crap out of it again. That's been about 7 years ago and it's still eating ammo like a starving animal. and it very accurate.

If the price was right I'd have no problem getting one today.

7. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

I bought my baby eagle .40 and absolutely love it! Had some ftf with it, but polished the ramp up a bit, and does great. One of my favorites to shoot! Highly recommend! Wouldnt own a glock, they recommend you be a prick before purchase! Lol

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

My nephews got one in 9mm. Pleasure to shoot.

9. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

The baby eagles are in my opinion the best cz75 clones out there. I have owned many cz pistols as well as a 2 baby eagles and the quality of all of them have been great.

10. Jericho1911u22

Jericho1911u22 New Member

The baby eagle is by far my favorite gun. Down side not super easy to find parts for and they are a little heavy. Up side they are a little heavy and very steady shooters. Great accuracy as far as I'm concerned. If your goal is to carry it then probably not the best choice in guns. If you goal is to have lots of fun shooting and maybe self defense in your home it is defiantly not a gun to be passed up.

11. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I have the .45 ACP version. Will eat anything, no problems, feels great in the hand, and more accurate than I am.

I haven't outright abused it yet like my ole Ruger P89 but I can't find a round it won't fire. I like guns that are rock solid reliable.

The .45 is very nice but there are days I covet the 9mm.

12. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

facepalm-rage-face-i13.jpg

Here we go again!

13. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Should i jump on a baby eagle. 40 used for 250?

14. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Yes you should

15. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Great price! Mine was 620.00!

16. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Oh hell yeah! That's less than half price!

17. BWilder

BWilder New Member

you wont find one any lower!!

18. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

He got an offer for 300 and gave me first chance at it

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I dig the micro desert Eagle, but nothing else by Magnum research.