Baby Eagle Compact?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by czrami, Oct 4, 2013.

1. czrami

czrami New Member

Hi Guys.

Does anyone own or carry a Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle compact?

Steel or polymer, I'm more interested in the polymer in either 10 or 12 round
    capacity.

Any carry loads or holster pics would be welcomed as well.

Thanks,

KEV

2. OP_Rockwell

OP_Rockwell New Member

The Baby Eagle Compact polymer 9mm is my carry gun. Very accurate and reliable using Federal 9BP JHP. Extra magazines are reasonable from Cheaper Than Dirt. Magnum Research, EAA Witness, and CZ-75B mags should all work.

I've carried using a 5.11 concealed carry shirt I bought from lapolicegear.com and recently purchased an IWB holster from Old Faithful Holsters - http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop/category/hip-holsters/

Baby Eagles are the standard guns I've chosen to go with four my family. My daughter also has a BE Compact polymer. My wife and I also have full size steel versions. I've owned my full size for twenty years and never had a problem.

ForumRunner_20131006_144735.jpg

ForumRunner_20131006_144821.jpg

Attached Files:

3. czrami

czrami New Member

Thanks for the encouraging words.

I used to see the BDEs for sale all over the place, but they are scarce these days.

Not many people own them so there are few used ones for sale.

I'm sure they are great guns.

4. czrami

czrami New Member

Hi, any updates on from those who carry the Baby DE Compact or other BDEs?

My choice is buying a BDE Compact or a RAMI BD to replace my 10 year old RAMI.

KEV
    [​IMG]

5. OP_Rockwell

OP_Rockwell New Member

I used my BE Compact Polymer 9mm several weeks ago to qualify for the Illinois CCW. The requirement was 10 shots each at 5, 7, and 10 yards. You just had to have a certain percentage on target. I put all 30 rounds in the 9 ring. I don't think I could have done that with my full size steel BE. I wasn't taking my time either. I was trying to get back on target and follow up as if it were a real situation. I feel REALLY confident with this gun. I like the fact that magazines are priced comparably with more common guns--Glocks, Springfields, etc. It accepts mags made for Magnum Research, as well as Tanfoglio (EAA Witness), CZ-75B (more expensive), etc. So far, I can't say enough good about this gun. It will be my primary daily carry gun once I get the Illinois approval.

6. czrami

czrami New Member

Sounds good, I was very impressed wit the full sized BDE that I handled a few weeks ago.

Just too big an heavy for me to conceal for any amount of time.