B.V.A.C Ammo & Cheaper Than Dirt

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Hatchet8, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

I received a catalog from CTD that had some really good prices on 40S&W as well as 45 ACP ammo. My question is, does anyone have any history using Cheaper Than Dirt as far as their business practices & can anyone give me any info on the B.V.A.C. ammo. I've never heard of it & don't want to put ammo in any of my weapons that may cause any problems.Thanks alot!

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have never had a problem with CTD and have bought from them for years. As far as the Bitterroot ammunition, I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds decent.

3. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO New Member

Got some .45ACP from WallyWorld yesterday for $13.97/box of 50. By the time you add shipping, I doubt you will better that price. :)

4. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

I assume they weren't jhp shells, bacause I've bought them at WalMart before & never got them for less than twenty bucks, but still after S&H you're probably right. Thanks for the reply.

5. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

The BVAC prices on .223 are really attractive. I'd love to know if they are problematic. I'm about to build my first AR-15 and I'm wondering if I should buy some cheap ammo just to be able to through some lead through it, or if I should spend a little more (well, a lot more) money and stick to US-made stuff. Not to mention brass cases.

Edit: Hey! BVAC is US-made! Coooooooool. I'll take 1000 rounds of HPBT 69 grain, please.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

AboutUs link to the story of who BVAC is

CTD's website has good reviews of the ammo people have purchased.

I was introduced to them at the SHOT Show 2009...real nice folks. They make factory remanufactured and new ammo. Their reloads run in anything because they are full length resized after having been roll sized to return them to SAAMI specs before loading.

Local and State Police Agencies that wont touch HSM after too many guns blown up...are very pleased by the BVAC quality and performance.

My experience has all been positive with their people and ammunition quality.
    Cheaper Than Dirt has great prices on the ammo as a master distributor.

7. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Cool thanks alot!

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I decided to give CTD the boot after they offerred .380 S&B FMJ ammo for $49.95 a box of 50 :eek:. They even had the gall to proclaim it "perfect for self defense". .380 FMJ "perfect" for anything but punching paper? $1/round for .380? That kind of price gouging caused me to cancel my subscription to their catalog and ask them to stop sending me e-mails.

9. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

I have purchased plenty of items from Cheaper than Dirt....still do occasionally, but one thing that they are not is "cheaper than dirt".

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Like Tx said I find the prices on some things great some not so much. With ammo I check the price against local sale then figure in the shipping. Costs for shipping are high due to the weight. Not CTDs fault. Good thing is if you use the CTD shopping cart they will tell you the shipping costs before placing the order. Usually the local sales are better if I have the patience to wait for the sale. Picked up 300 rounds of .556 last night for 100 dollars. About the best I'll get out here for brass cased FMJ.

11. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

I can't say I blame you. Thanks.

12. franklin67

franklin67 New Member

I order from CTD all the time. The shipping isnt THAT bad--I always try to order a lot of stuff so it spreads it out a little. I get tracers from there (both .22 and 9mm) that work great.

13. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

I am a home town supporter myself and buy few things that arent made in the USA. However I bought some 22lr's and 22 magnums from BVAC that state they were built in the USA on the box. However they are actually built in the Phillipines. An oddity to say the least.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I order from CTD occasionally, but wouldn't do so for pistol defense or plinking ammo. FMJ is far cheaper to buy locally (for most folks anyway) at Walmart or the local dicount outdoors store. I order my defense ammo from Ammo2Go

The service at CTD has been fine. I've order some pistol & AR15 accessories from them, as well as various .223/5.56 rounds. Decent source for things like mags, Russian Ammo, accessories (slings, grips, etc).

15. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

BVAC 22's ARE loaded in the USA in Montana. The BRASS is made in the Phillipines by Armscor for them to SAAMI Specs.....if that's a problem for you..OK

16. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

Thanks for the imfo. Can I ask you where you got your imformation? I have had these on the cartridge collectors forum for their imput and they also thought that they were Phillipino built. I have ARMSCOR brand from the Phillipines with the exact case and bullet and near identical box design. I also have a box of HSM from Stevensville Montana with the same bullet and case. The ARMSCOR ammo I have are years older than the other brands so can only conclude that the case as well as the bullet and maybe even the box is imported.

17. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Good info, thanks!

18. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

That seems to be happening alot lately, we need to shut down the Free Trade A greement all together instead of implementing sanctions. We need to take our great country back into our own hands, we damn sure have the necessary tools to do so.