Awesomess 22 out their

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by semperfi666, Mar 5, 2013.

1. semperfi666

semperfi666 New Member

I'm looking for a 22 that is awesome and I've been looking at a saw 22

2. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I own a couple of Smith .22's, a 17-3 and a model 41. Absolutely love them. They're great guns. I've never owned one of their rifles though. You got one in particular you're looking at?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

3. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I have a remington 510 targetmaster that was made in 1941 that is in excellent shape and still freakishly accurate. I consider that an awesome .22. My ruger 10/22 came from the factory with a tapco stock which matches my mini-14 also in a tapco stock. Its not super accurate but plenty accurate enough to shoot squirrel or birds. I consider it an awesome .22. My del-ton echo 316/moe and mini-14 are two of the best 223's on the market today and I would consider them both awesome 22's. I have a mossberg plinkster that I paid less than $100 out the door and despite it being very cheap its a tack driver and its reliable. I just dont think it has the ability to withstand hard continuous use. Based on its price and accuracy I consider it................. yep you guessed it, an awesome .22.

All that being said, I would like to have a complete .22lr upper for my SUR (sport utility rifle) but I will gladly wait til they are reasonably priced again. That would be awesome. :)

4. Kraj

Kraj New Member

1.Buy the cheapest 10/22 you can find.
    2. Go crazy and replace everything but the receiver.
    3. 3 have a 22 that is awesome and that you know how to detail strip

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Attached Files:

6. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

love the concept of a calico. got to fire an older one with the wood handles. was so much like a thompson!!!

a SAW 22? would like to see one myself if one exists. I'm guessing that if someone modified an airsoft Saw with 22lr inards, you could make a reasonable copy of a real SAW

7. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Saw a one off dagnorov built on a 10/22 receiver a couple gun shows ago. Cost was prohibitive as it was built from a real parts set and the 28 in barrel was a custom job to mount the front site block.

You could probably do the same thing with AK parts. Uniqueness factor 11.....

8. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

There's nothing better than some FA .22 goodness. :D

Here's the Lage conversion for my M11/9.
    I shoot it more than any other weapon I own for multiple reasons.

[​IMG]

9. paperplatetargets

paperplatetargets New Member

10. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I have a High Standard Victor. It's old, but a tack driver.
    I had a Ruger Single Six .22/.22mag. loved it too.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You want AWESOME .22s? Alrighty, then!

MOSSBERGS! Would hazard a guess that many of these were made before you were born, and will outshoot anything this side of a $2,000 target rifle.

mossbergs.jpg

However, the American 180 was also a pretty awesome .22

am180-1.jpg

12. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I have a few. My favorite is my wifes MP15-22. I also have the Norinco ATD (Browning SAA clone) and a Remington 514. I don't shoo the 514 to often, it's an old single shot from the 1950's. I recently sold a Remington 550-1 and it was pretty badass as well

13. Intheshop

Intheshop New Member

I'll take a Brian Voelker 541S(sporter brrl) please,haha.

14. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

They still do, although they are hard to come by. I got lucky and have one on the way from Brownells. Saw another on ebay but it's going for almost double msrp.

15. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Or you could get something like this and never ever have to worry about it jamming. Now that is awesum!
    [​IMG]

16. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I am not sure what you mean by "awesome"; however the following are some of my favorites:

Ruger 77/22 -- very solid feeling, very accurate .22 rife. Don't see it mentioned much, but I'm a fan.

Ruger 10-22 -- excellent plinking rifle; obviously a popular model on this forum. I have an older, wood stocked one, but I would also love to have one of the new take-down models to keep in the vehicle.

Ruger Mk I pistol -- an indisputable classic, and one of my most enjoyable firearms just to mess around with.

Smith and Wesson K-22 -- very acurate, solid feel -- hey, it's a Smith revolver, what more do you need to say?

Ruger Single Six Convertable -- not as acurate as the K-22, but it's close. Who would go camping without one of these along? Separate cylinders for .22lr and .22 mag, a complete joy to shoot.

17. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Wood stocked as in painted something like this:
    [​IMG]

or did yours actually attend the festival? :D

18. txpossum

txpossum New Member

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The problem is Mossberg will not make a 22 like that anymore. Recently I wanted a 22 wmr. I ended up with a Marlin XT. Savage has some nice offerings, so did other gun makers but they all lacked a vital part on a rimfire rifle, iron sights. I sighted the gun in with the iron sights. Then I put a scope on it for punching paper. But if I ever have to use the rifle to put food on the table the first thing I will do is take the scope off the rifle. A scope is great for spotlighting rabbits but game wardens frown such practices. Putting meat in the pot involves shooting running game. Scopes really suck at hitting a moving target at close range.

20. Montaktical

Montaktical New Member