Awesome Story!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That right there is effin HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH man.

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Balls the size of space shuttle fuel tanks.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

How about that sniper, Staff Sgt. Howard, on the SF team? Talk about balls that go clank when you walk?! He covers himself with the body of the interpreter and dumps like 20 bad guys advancing on their position while his guys are repeling/falling down the cliff. :eek:

Amazing brains and balls under EXTREME circumstances....

JD

5. bkt

bkt New Member

That's outstanding. Thanks for posting that, JD.

Reading this, I'm reminded of Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. Go get this book pronto if you haven't read it yet.

6. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 New Member

No Americans died? Apparantly the Afgans were aiming for the legs purposefully or something....that's the main wounds I see...sort of the wound and then kill the entire team tactic...but they failed miserably at it.

Hell yes. Bastards deserve more than a medal. To bad that C.K. guy died....sounded like a hopeful American.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Heroes never think they are.

8. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Our military sure turns out some men!

I bought the book Lone Survivor on ITunes. That is one hell of a freakin story. Loved every minute of it.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You have to factor in several things. First off, the SF team was on an elevated position, so the ballistics of shooting up hill is far different from shooting across a flat surface. Secondly the SF team was in the middle of assault from multiple points of fire, so their primary focus was to get their head and chests behind cover first, limbs being exposed was probably the result of trying to avoid more important shots around the head region....

JD

10. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 New Member

True but still pretty well trained men they are. It's good press for the military.

Even heard about a Navy Seal who jumped on a grenade to save his teams life the other day.

11. Fayettedave

Fayettedave New Member

Truly masssive billard balls...all around!

What really gets me, though, is how many fire fights like this go unnoticed and unreported on a daily basis. In other words, how many heros do we have that will not be hearalded???!!!

That is the problem with any war - but the question must be asked, again, for this generation and this conflict.

It almost makes me want to puke to say it, because I think that he is the worst presidential selection since Andrew Johnson, but BO was actually right when he said we needed to focus our resources on Afghanistan.........

God Bless those MEN who are on station there!

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

^ I don't know if we need to focus all our resources on Afghanistan, but they do need re-enforcing and some more support. Pulling out of Iraq would leave a sucking sound that could be heard in Main Street America as the "chosen ones" rallied at having dispatched the mighty "Infidel Army".

We definitely don't need to abandon the Iraqi people a second time.

But, adding some more heavy armor and some more heavy air support to the Afghan region is definitely needed.

There is a guy who comes in our shop who leads snipers out of Fort Lewis in Tacoma, he's on his third deployment ( Msgt S. K. ) and he has two previous deployments in Afghanistan, but his current assignment is in/around Mosul.

He said that the group troops in Afghanistan actually are doing quite well, other than freezing their balls off, but they clear an era only to have to come back and clear it again in two months because the enemy move around so damn much.

He has told us that some more air support, less risk to "going and seeing" if the bad guys are back in "grid # such & such" is being used, but could be used more effectively. The other thing was the need for heavier armor to be placed in strategic sections of some mountain pass regions to keep convoys and resupply shipments from getting through to help break the back of the enemy.

Definitely need to support all our brave men and women who are overthere - for they are doing us a most valuable service.

JD