Awesome Monday - Gore

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Apr 29, 2014.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for my absence yesterday. I fell in my backyard Monday morning and spend the day in the hospital getting this stitched up.

Austin-Knee.jpg

I know a few of you have been awaiting responses from me. Please give me a bit to catch up.

2. havasu

havasu Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Good lord Austin. It seems that every time you leave that padded cell, you get hurt.

3. notdku

So it seems.

Honestly when this happened I thought of you. I feel for you friend. This was horrible and not even a fraction of what you have to endure.

Being the unluckiest person on the planet kind of sucks.

4. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Get well soon, Stiches can be such a pain at times. I always seemed to split them back open.

5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Looks like a bullet hole. good grief! heal soon Austin.

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

OUCH !....... Get well soon buddy & keep the dam thing CLEAN so it DON`T get infected !...............

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

By the way..........How in the hell did you do that ?...................

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Women 101 ! Keep all sharp and dangerous implements from spouses ! :eek:

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Just a little bactine and a bit duct tape good as new...

Seriously that looks a bit painful. Keep antibiotics packed dont let a hospital worker doctor or nurse touch it unless you saw them was hands before touching the gloves they put on.

I work in a hospjtal and getting infected with mersa in such a wound in a hospital is 30% of our business. Folks go in with minor cuts and through lax infection control people end up with mersa in wounds and come to us for treatment.

Keep it clean and away from dirty handed hospital workers!! Make sure they wash their hands!!

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am pretty proud to say where I work (at least on my shift) I see great compliance with hand washing and/or hand sanitizer use. Every room has a gel dispenser and it is to be used when entering or leaving a room. After hands are cleaned, gloves are used before ever touching a patient.

How the heck did that happen, Austin. It looks like a puncture wound. Did you get a tetanus shot?

11. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow Austin, that looks very painful ..... Hopefully it heals quickly, and as mentioned keep it clean, and clean it again

12. emo

emo Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't see why that would take priority over the forum! Pull up your big girl panties and stop your whining!

Just kidding.

Real dogs drool!

13. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Wow! You have no reason to be Sorry! Just hope that heals.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Stop playing with the bayonet Austin. Dem tings can Cutcha, Hurtcha Much! From now on, Nerf Play only!

15. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I thought this was going to be about Al Gore....... Oh well get well soon. :D

16. notdku

Are you my wife?

All I've heard the last three days is how whiney I am as a man. My knee is busted, doesn't that give me the right to complain and be waited on hand and foot?

17. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Yes, a injured man should be waited on hand and foot.:D

18. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

lol...................

19. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ouch ! Looks like that,ll leave a mark ! Don,t feel bad , I got my hands on a new Katana last week and put a little ding in my calf , stupid me ! :eek:

Two months and I,ll get used to it . Seems like every blade is slightly different from each other . Slight changes require little adaptions ! :)

Oh yeh , it is a beautiful blade ! :)

We will heal together ! :D