AWB Gone

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by AFerree, Mar 19, 2013.

1. AFerree

AFerree New Member

Just got word that the AWB has been dropped by the Democrats.
    Got word from AP. Can anyone else verify this?

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Dropped by them until the next time you mean, don't you? You realize they will never give up until American civilians have basically been disarmed, right, however long that takes!?

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

This was NEVER about federal regulation or bans it was all a signal for the states to do what Congress cannot. Feinstein's bill was DOA from day one but every swinging d$&k liberal in every state house is rushing to pass anti gun laws in an attempt to overwhelm the opposition. Once Congress passes a law it goes straight to SCOTUS, no lower courts required...state laws must go through the state and circuit courts first, a long and expensive process.

4. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

It can still be added as an amendment to the bill

5. Therunner

Therunner New Member

It's not much of a victory, but I'll take it over them passing it.

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, not much of a victory as victories go but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Any day the anti-2A crowd gets a reversal I chalk up in the win column.

7. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

I agree. But it's still not over!

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Ms Feinstein is disappointed. She will go back and tell her people that she tried to get it through. They will tell her that they are "sorry to hear that, but we'll keep you in office next time so you can try again".

Cruz will say "I prevailed!", his people will say "Good, We'll keep you in office."

Meanwhile that debt continues to rise, foreign relations continue to suck, unemployment is still high, taxes are going up.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

This is one of those things they will bring up at midnite on a friday and run it through both houses for obama. Kinda how obamacare got done

Make no mistake speaker boner is not pro 2a in the slightest. There are enough romney/bush/reagan/mccaine types in the house to get it done on a midnite session.

10. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So now that this is done- it would be time to send Piers Morgan back to the UK.

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It's a small victory in a big war. At least it's one less thing to worry about.

12. danf_fl

13. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

It will be back. A war will come but this is a good sign that we are winning. It shows that we no longer will take their sheise. They can have the "Assault weapons", when they take the lead first.

14. USMCjtm

USMCjtm New Member

God Bless Senator Grassley for fighting the good fight. He is one of the FEW senators that refuse to back any of the knee jerk legislation that seems to be running rampant these days. I have met with him on a few occasions ( he has town hall meetings in EACH of the 99 counties in Iowa at least once a year) and is pro 2A. Check out his questioning on Fast and Furious.

Semper Fi

15. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Does this mean the gat dang ammo shelves will fill up again!?

16. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I really hope so.

17. danf_fl

The battle is not over!

Even if at the fed level it is "over", we still have the states to contend with.

Ammo (and other supplies) are coming back.
    But don't expect the price of ammo to drop much.