Auto mag magazine loading tool.

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Matt96, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Matt96

Matt96 New Member

I have seen in info from the 1970s that there was a device to help load the Auto mag magazine. Does anyone know where to find one? Or how to make one? Or a different weapon's magazine loader which will work? Thanks.

2. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

While I don't have the answer you are looking for, I want to ask, do you have a .44 auto mag?

3. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, either, but if it's an aid to loading magazines that you're looking for, you won't do better than this product:

http://www.maglula.com/

Shop around and you'll find them for about $25.

4. Matt96

Matt96 New Member

I do own a 44 automag as well as a 357 automag barrel to go with that. I have always been a fan of large-bore handguns and find these to be very interesting to work with. Reloading for them is fairly easy and improves the function of the gun.

Matt

5. Matt96

Matt96 New Member

Thank you for the information. I went to the website and I believe that they would work. I just need to ensure that I have to correct width, or the nearest to that so that the small plunger button will catch on the side.

Matt

6. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Awesome! How did you manage to find that gem?

7. Matt96

Matt96 New Member

I got mine at Gunbroker.com, there are four auto mags on there right now, but you need a big wallet for them. Reloading is essential for max performance and if you buy a .357 automag there is no commercial ammo available. Dies, and brass are and the brass can be made from .44 automag brass from Starline just by running it through the sizing die.

8. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Yeah, they're neat guns, but they come with a hefty price tag.