Auto .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by elk-acholic, Aug 24, 2012.

1. elk-acholic

elk-acholic New Member

I recently ordered a Colt M4 ops .22, I like my bolt .22 but it's nice to have good auto gun around. First does anyone have a colt AR style .22? Second I'm thinking about getting a Smith and Wesson MP15-22 right away to. How do you people like either of these rifles? Please no comments on Ruger 10-22s. I had one and was very impressed.

2. bw16

bw16 New Member

The 15/22 is a hoot at the range, you won't be disappointed, unless you run short of ammo.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Most of my local Walmarts carry both the Colt M4 Ops 22 and the SW MP 15-22. I have been browsing between those 2 lately and deciding to get the SW 15-22 Moe version. Just a matter of time..
    For a little bit more, they said the MP is worth the money. Just my 2c.

4. elk-acholic

elk-acholic New Member

There is only one reason I don't like being Canadian. Most of your walmarts have them. I've got order in.

5. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I passed on the Colt after my LGS said they have had a lot of customer complaints about them. No first hand experience however.

I have an S&W M&P15-22, a CMMG 22 AR-15 and a Sig 522. My favorite is the CMMG but all of them have been great guns. The S&W is my oldest sons favorite and has allowed him to learn the AR-15 manual of arms without my spending $$$ on large amounts of 5.56mm.

6. mag318

mag318 Member

I bought the Colt/Umarex M4 22 when they first came out mainly because it looked like a centerfire M4. Big mistake as it was poorly designed and built cheaply. My biggest gripe was the overly complicated takedown which once you accomplish it you see just how cheaply the thing is made. I will admit though it did function well and was accurate.
    I then bought a S&W M&P15-22 which is a vastly superior rifle in both design and build quality. Yes the S&W has a polymer upper and lower but it takes down easily just like it's centerfire big brother and the operating system is just like an AR. Much better rifle all around.

Attached Files:

7. elk-acholic

elk-acholic New Member

Thanks for the info guys. You helped me with my decision. The colt is already ordered so I'll take it but I'm going to get a S&W as well.

8. elk-acholic

elk-acholic New Member

I was disappointed to find out that I'm probably not going to get the MP 15-22. I'm Canadian and the MP 15-22 is a restricted firearm which I can buy legally can't carry around like I would like to. Reasons being that it is to easily converted to full auto. Now I just want it more.

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I'm ordering the m&p tomorrow morning. If u getting it, get it from Primary Arms. PA will throw in 10 pmags for free. Basically the rifle only costs $330.

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

If they only knew how easy it was to convert almost ANY semi to full...hehehe...

You can always move south... ;)
    Florida has Bikini-clad babes around 10 months of the year !!

11. dan01

dan01 New Member

I have a Umarex (Walther) Colt C 4 and a S&W M&P 15 22 MOE.....I have had no problems at all with either firearm...I probably have more than 5K rounds thru both.........The basic issue with any rim fire firearm is cleaning and finding the ammo that works best with it......So far my four military look a likes eat anything except the Remington Golden Bullets.......

12. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Its was a no brainer for me when I found out the S&W M&P came in a Magpul Edition and a Flat Dark Earth color scheme too? C'mon those Magpul flip up sights and adjustable buttstock alone are worth it!!! Its only $100 dollar upgrade for the Magpul Version, go price those Magpul upgrades individually and see what you pay! Cant get any better than that in a flawlessly functioning 22! -Voted "Rifle of the year" last year. Also a major added bonus is anything you can put on an Ar15 you can put on this, and Mil-Spec internals too (trigger upgrades ect...) One of my favorite guns, especially for the ammo price! It turns heads at the range its so pretty!!! Lol! Seriously though, I cant say enough at how great this gun has performed through countless rounds!!! D.

ForumRunner_20120927_224543.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_224609.jpg

tactical-rimfire-4.jpg

sw-mp-15-22-MOE-stock-end.jpg

sw-mp-15-22-MOE-rear-sight.jpg

sw-mp-15-22-MOE-rail-end.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_224805.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_224834.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_224509.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012