Australia now facing ammo shortages

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by JWagner, Jun 8, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Maybe HairBear can shed some light on the ammo "down under".

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Who da thunk it? We have the same libtard politicians they do. Their idiotic gun laws, written by moronic legislators helped encourage the moronic legislators and executives here to step up their attempts and VIOLA! an instant international crisis!

4. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

It's not bad yet but it looks like things maybe going to get a bit tough because a lot of our guns and ammo come from you blokes.
    Mobs like Brownells etc will only send certain things direct to private addresses and most other stuff has to come through our gun shops.
    Things probably will get worse and a lot of shooters are starting to stock up on reloading gear etc.
    It's early days at the moment but it's got the potential to turn ugly.

The ABC are for the most anti gun as it's a govt. run station and it's full of idealists and soft ass whiney whinging new age twats and there's times when the truth and sensationalism are a long way apart.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

There's something else at play (t)here. It's not like the ammo issues didn't start as a drizzle until the flood that Sandy Hook brought in December 2012. Too much of a delay in starting to effect the global supply chain...

I'm not buying it. LOL I slay myself!

6. AR10

AR10 New Member

"They" figured out they cannot control the guns in public hands, but they can control the ammo we need to use them.

7. hairbear1

hairbear1 Member

The New South Wales govt. decided to introduce an Ammo Bill in the belief that it'd curb the amount of drive by shootings in Sydney in certain suburbs that contain certain Arabic type residents.
    This bill says that to buy ammo from a gun shop you need to have your license on you with the type of calibres that you own. The "thought" to this is that the Police can then chase down and or check up on people who start buying large amounts of ammo.

This creates more paper work and embuggerance for the gun shop and gun owners and does absolutely nothing to curb the drive by shootings but it's seen as doing something so as the police and pollies can cover up their own ineptness by blaming legal gun owners.

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Doesnt matter if its here or there, our leaders display their naivety so publicly so often! When you look at the people they seek to disable, terrorists and Thugs, how dont they know crooks dont care about the laws or increased costs? Most drug dealers and armed criminals dont go to Wally World to buy their tools or products and dont care if it costs them 3 times what it did last year.

Technically, the War on Guns and Ammo will produce the same outcome as the war on drugs! The Underbelly of society will thrive, we will spend much more trying to stop them and criminals will do whatever it takes to protect their asses. Look at the outcome of the last few terrorist attacks in the US, all of the terrorists are dead (except one kid that somehow survived the equivalent of an Army Brigade chasing him, thats another thread)! These phuckers know if they dont kill themselves in the act, the cops are gonna kill them; either way, they are dead meat!

"embuggerance" , Thats a great word! I am gonna add that to my dictionary!

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

They have such laws in some places here.

California I can't keep up with but have some draconian ammo laws. NY will stop internet orders and large purchases will go through dealers and tracked. VA, u need to show handgun license to buy handgun-caliber ammo (yes, this causes some "confusion"). In NYC had-to-be twenty years ago I bought ammo at then-still-open national chain Herman's World of Sporting Goods -- after convincing them that 9mm was the same as 9x19mm and the box I wanted that said "9mm Parabellum," they had to see a license permitting me to have a handgun in that caliber and they logged the license info and purchase!